CoinPeople.com

Wheat penny I got.

GrOuNd_ZeRo

pennyheadsbf5.jpg

pennytailsju2.jpg

Here is a penny I got as change, it's a 1941 wheat penny, I couldn't believe I finally found ANY wheat penny.

I am quite interested in a mark under the word 'Trust' on the head side of the coin, it looks like a stylish D of some sort.

I gently removed some green junk off of the coin which I presume was a type of rust and it looks OK now, the penny is rather dark red or brown in color and in relatively good condition.

Is it worth anything? or should I not even bother selling it on Ebay and keep it for my self?

Thanks! :ninja:

I would venture to say I have gotten more Wheat in change this last year than any other year since I was a kid. I have gotten 4 of them in change in the last week, a 1937, a 1945, a 1947-D and an AU 1950-D last night. I think it has to do more with the Coinstar phenomenon with people cleaning out accumulations of coins.

Thanks for the welcome, my wife's aunt got me into coins when she said how much money they were going for on Ebay :ninja:

But now I can look beyond what they are worth and appriciate them, I might just start collecting them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived