CoinPeople.com

Krause Publications plans new book series

akdrv

According to the company's press release, "Krause Publications introduces the KP Official Guide series, a new 6 x 9-inch, $24.99 reference series offering more than 5,000 photos, 600 pages and up-to-date price listings in each book. The first book in the series will be published in the Fall 2006 book season, “KP Official Guide to Coins of Northern Europe & Russia” edited by George S. Cuhaj and Thomas Michael. They will also edit the second book in the series available Fall 2007, “KP Official Guide to Coins of Asia, Australia and the Pacific Rim.”

The KP Official Guide series offers a highly illustrated, affordable, portable package for those collectors on-the-go. Most of the information is pulled from the much larger and in-depth full-size desk references and updated. Listings offer common dates for circulating and collector coins of the region, as well as current pricing. The pieces found in the books are those most commonly seen at auctions and other selling outlets.

“KP Official Guide to Coins of Northern Europe & Russia” will be available in Nov. from major bookstores, online sellers and from Krause Publications (800-258-0929 or www.krausebooks.com)."

Sounds interesting! What I don't quite understand though is: What time span will such a guide cover? The SCWC (20c, 21c) deals with all world coins - or should I say World plus US? :ninja: - but has "only" one century per volume. Now if a "KP Official Guide" has coins from a specific region, how many years can we expect for about 25 US dollars?

Christian

Northern Europe and Russia? Sounds like that could be one for me. Especially if it includes pre-19th century coins. :ninja:

Do you know whether they will combine Central America with South or North America?

If these guides will include all the centuries covered in separate Krause Catalogs, I will definitely get the “KP Official Guide to Coins of Asia, Australia and the Pacific Rim.”

The same sentiments for me exactly, but with regards to Central and South America. Outside Scandinavia, that geographical region has become my favorite.

Archived