CoinPeople.com

Hello from France !

Hello all :D ,

My name is Guillaume. I am seventeen years old. I live in Lorraine (area in North-East of France) near Strasbourg (whose mintmark is BB). Excuse me for my english. ;)

ligne-bleue-vosges.jpg

La Ligne Bleue des Vosges (Blue Line, Vosges)

I collec coins for 4 years, since adoption of euro by EU. I have stopped my euros collection last year. I collec world coins, francs of 20th century and especially royal french coins (1610-1792) ! I think there is many history in. I buy them in numismatics shop and in exhibitions of my region (Gérardmer and Remiremont).

ecujr6.jpg

Ecu aux branches d'olivier, from my collection (Ecu at olivier branches)

I have a website called “Etna-mint”, it deals with metals and alloys used for mint coins. It has been created last year so it not yet finished. ;)

English home page : http://www.etna-mint.fr/en/index.php (only this page is translated). To visit other pages, use french adresse : http://www.etna-mint.fr/index.php. :D

French numismatics forums are not very active :D , it’s because I join you. Because too I want talk with collectors from whole world. :ninja: (Euh, why rabbit emoticones ? ;) ) I am happy to be member of CoinPeople.

This year, I take my baccalauréat (equivalent of US high school diploma). Next year, I would do a history faculty, I enjoy this science. :D

See you soon on the forum ! ;)

Guillaume

:ninja: Bienvenue Guillaume,

Le forum est très actif, et j’ai déjà appris un grand nombre d’information. J’espère que tu te trouves le forum aussi utile que moi. Bon chance avec vos collections.

;)

Scott

I have stopped my euros collection last year.

Traître. :ninja:

But I agree, collecting euro coins only can get a little boring (unless one intentionally collects them by year, by mintmark, etc.). And if they helped you getting into the hobby, that's just fine. You apparently have a very nice collection, congratulations!

Christian (de l'autre côté du Rhin ;) )

I stopped it but I keep it. ;) I habe been fastened to my first euros (the first €2 commemoratives, the finish series I have bought for a fortune in 2002, some San Marino cents...).

In my collection, there are beautiful german coins, you know, like a 2 marks 1907A, very fine. :ninja: It owned to my great-grandfather who lived in Elsass. It's the unique coin of my family I have.

Sorry, my french is very bad, because in Germany you can choise between French and Latin and I choose Latin... I hope that's right : "Je te souhaite ici vraiment beaucoup d'amusement"

Marvin ;)

Yes I understand. Danke ! ;) I don't speak German... :ninja: In France, there is English of course, and after German, Spanish or Italian. In my high school, there was not Italien language. Spanish looks like to French, so I took Spanish (most easy for exams ! ;) ).

Salut et bienvenu. I won't embarrass myself with trying to greet you further in French though. My french is a bit too rusty for that, although French coinage and jetons are my main interests (no rust there). It's good to see someone from France here......and hopefully someone who might be able to help from time to time with some background knowledge and/or translation. :ninja:

In the meantime, here's a jeton from a town you should have heard of ;-)

912758.jpg

cordialement,

Ian

I stopped it but I keep it. ;) I habe been fastened to my first euros (the first €2 commemoratives, the finish series I have bought for a fortune in 2002, some San Marino cents...).

A welcome "hello" from Finland. :ninja: Hopefully that fortune you spent on the Finn coins was not too big. If you have the Finn 2004 €2, keep that one at least.

beautiful german coins, you know, like a 2 marks 1907A, very fine. :ninja: It owned to my great-grandfather who lived in Elsass. It's the unique coin of my family I have.

Guess that piece is even more than a "mere" coin for you then. ;) I have quite a few 2M and 3M coins from those years too, including some Prussian ones with king Guillaume ...

Christian

912758.jpg

cordialement,

Ian

Beautiful Token ! ;)

See here. ;-)

In 1674, Nancy was no yet French. It was an independant duchy.

A welcome "hello" from Finland. smile.gif Hopefully that fortune you spent on the Finn coins was not too big. If you have the Finn 2004 €2, keep that one at least.

Thanks ! Yes I have this coin (bought €15 ! :ninja: ) et finn series with several dates for €20 ! ;)

LoL

----

Christian, my coin will be a century years old in 2007 ! ;)

Ian, I remember sending you a 1726 Ecu many years ago and getting an envelop back with Scotty notes in it, and scrawling on the back about there being medical specimens inside! Ah pre 9/11 days and humour. :ninja:

No-one ever tampered with one of my letters though. ;) The concept was a big no-no post 9/11 though.

Was it this one (Rennes mint)?

917318.jpg

or was it this one (Paris mint)? Whilst I can remember the event down to getting the notes from the Clydesdale bank in South Queensferry, I can't remember which actual coin was involved. Sadly, my entire coin database fried with my hard drive last month (along with all sorts of other meaningful stuff), so unless I can get my old windows 2000 computer back up and running my entire catalogue and memory of what came from who, when, where and for how much is gone down the Swannee. :-(

917319.jpg

Welcome. I'm another French collector and I see you already found one of my threads about French jetons. Look around in the coin museum sections and you will find others. I hope you find us a friendly and willing to share in good conversation.

or was it this one (Paris mint)? Whilst I can remember the event down to getting the notes from the Clydesdale bank in South Queensferry, I can't remember which actual coin was involved. Sadly, my entire coin database fried with my hard drive last month (along with all sorts of other meaningful stuff), so unless I can get my old windows 2000 computer back up and running my entire catalogue and memory of what came from who, when, where and for how much is gone down the Swannee. :-(

917319.jpg

I kind of miss that thing, it was my second oldest Crown size coin. At least I have kept my 1676 English Crown, now I would not think of selling such.

Maybe I could send you a couple of bottles of Talisker 12 yr old for it?

Archived