CoinPeople.com

yet another forum to read

Hi, some of you might know me from CoinTalk or Forvm...I am a collector of ancients and world coins. I usually try to keep the foums I read to a minimum but I broke down and joined this forum as well because it seems to have good knowledgable people concerning all types of nummus and its always good to have more sources for help when needed or to give a bit of help.

I am pretty well versed in Roman Imperial, Conder Tokens (in general the coins of the 1700's), and general world coins. In knowledgable I mean I have seen so many I can ID many of them rather quickly though I am still shaky on ever telling someone a coin is fake or not (unless its obvious).

Anyway...thanks and see you around

Drusus

http://www.tribalsoup.com/cache/index.htm

Thanks! If you see any coins that are suspect let me know, I am hit or miss but I try to deal with people that have good history with me or others and seem established. As with all coin sites its a work in progress and the way I do it, it takes time to get coins posted but its a fun way to learn about history and coins.

Welcome. A very nice website. With your permission I've added it to my links since I notice I'm linked to by you! :ninja:

Nicely written historical context, my favorite sort of site.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too. I also belong to numerous other coin forums. I started with PCGS web site but as it hit well over 20,000 members it got a little to crowded. Then there is the ones you mentioned and there are a few people there that also appear to know a lot about coins. But they too start coming on like they are the experts of the world. I've been collecting coins for well over 60 years and prefer normal conversations about coins that I understand. Having to download a coin dictionary to know what people are saying is just to much for a really elderly (old) person like me. Lets see how this one turns out.

Me too. I also belong to numerous other coin forums. I started with PCGS web site but as it hit well over 20,000 members it got a little to crowded. Then there is the ones you mentioned and there are a few people there that also appear to know a lot about coins. But they too start coming on like they are the experts of the world. I've been collecting coins for well over 60 years and prefer normal conversations about coins that I understand. Having to download a coin dictionary to know what people are saying is just to much for a really elderly (old) person like me. Lets see how this one turns out.

I have found this place to be one of the friendlier con forums on the internet...no pompous egos it seems. People know what they are talking about, dont get me wrong, but they dont seem to think they are the end all in coin knowledge and they are civil and genuinely nice people...at least this is my impression since I have been here...plus one day I know I will win on of the great giveaways :ninja:

I also like the fact that people here seem to understand that there are many different ways of collecting and they dont seem to judge if your doesnt coincide with how they feel is the right way...or think there is only one way. I truly think this is a classy place. ;)

For that I thank them...and will being around for awhile.

Oh...and welcome home!!

Welcome. A very nice website. With your permission I've added it to my links since I notice I'm linked to by you! :ninja:

Nicely written historical context, my favorite sort of site.

Thanks for the link, I am getting a more appropriate URL soon so the address will change, if you dont mind I will let you know when that happens...I love your site.

Archived