CoinPeople.com

Is $610 a reasonable price for this coin?

bobh

:ninja:

L I N K to eBay auction

I dunno, if it were an impaired proof coin, maybe I could see this price. But then again, what do I know about Nicholas I roubles? (Not very much, I'll admit!)

Thanks for your opinions!

Dear Bobh,

This definitely looks as impaired Mint State coin to me (not a Proof, but most likely polished and/or cleaned). Price seems insane therefore. Mint State coin of this year regardless of variety is not a rare coin in any case. Note underbidder with zero feedback, looks like shill bidding. The other underbidder was willing to pay just half of the amount.

WCO

Dear Bobh,

This definitely looks as impaired Mint State coin to me (not a Proof, but most likely polished and/or cleaned). Price seems insane therefore. Mint State coin of this year regardless of variety is not a rare coin in any case. Note underbidder with zero feedback, looks like shill bidding. The other underbidder was willing to pay just half of the amount.

WCO

Thanks, WCO -- this is exactly what I thought. But who knows? One bidder is Japanese, another Russian ... probably both with deep pockets? I also thought shill bidding at first ... like you say, this isn't really a rare coin.

Dear Bobh,

WCO

The '0' underbidder seems OK as he has won other auctions but no feedback yet.

RWJ

Archived