CoinPeople.com

Thus PCIX ended

The PCI Guy

Thanks to all who entered in this experimental PCI!

The contestants were particularly well matched towards the end and it's been interesting.

Congratulations to the top three entrants, especially to Ian and Elverno for the final. Both coins were exceptional indeed.

:ninja:

Thanks to all, I've always liked that medal. In fact an extremely hi-res pic of the reverse has been my desktop image for years. :ninja:

Almost every coin, medal and jeton entered was something I found myself wanting after viewing. Those mid-19th century French jetons are particularly enticing. Thanks for running an interesting variant of PCI, hopefully some of the elements of this (like the early round robin) will make it into PCI 7.

Thanks to all, I've always liked that medal. In fact an extremely hi-res pic of the reverse has been my desktop image for years. :ninja:

Almost every coin, medal and jeton entered was something I found myself wanting after viewing. Those mid-19th century French jetons are particularly enticing. Thanks for running an interesting variant of PCI, hopefully some of the elements of this (like the early round robin) will make it into PCI 7.

Congrats on the winning item. I've been drooling over it every time I saw it.

If you ever see another one, or ever think of parting with yours (small chance!) then let me know.

Personally I like the format of PCI -Xtra. My only observation (not a criticism by the way) is that the actual poll was tucked away into a corner of the site (as a sub heading of PCI6) that in turn was only really visited by seasoned PCI regulars. I think the actual number of votes cast reflected that rather than any lack of interest, although the latter is pure surmise on my part. If it had had its own banner perhaps there would have been more interest expressed (?) Then again, if my father had been french then i'd more than likely be singing the French national anthem a heck of a lot more than I have been to date;-)

Ian

all together now:

`allons enfants de la patrie,

le jour du roi est arrive..... '

Congratulations to the winner. I think everyone who participated (entrants and reviewers) were the winners. This contest generated fantastic entries. Thank you for the idea and for hosting it.

Congratulations to the winner. I think everyone who participated (entrants and reviewers) were the winners. This contest generated fantastic entries. Thank you for the idea and for hosting it.

Totally agreed!

Congrats to the winners and all of the entrants it was a great contest.

Thanks PCIguy for running it. You did a great piece of work.

Congratulations Vern !!! :ninja:

I still love that medal ... :lol:

Personally I like the format of PCI -Xtra. My only observation (not a criticism by the way) is that the actual poll was tucked away into a corner of the site (as a sub heading of PCI6) that in turn was only really visited by seasoned PCI regulars. I think the actual number of votes cast reflected that rather than any lack of interest, although the latter is pure surmise on my part. If it had had its own banner perhaps there would have been more interest expressed (?)

That's a very fair observation and one i had in mind myself. It was a bit out of the way.

I have to concur though i myself prefer the PCIX format, the groupings were generally better suited and the voting in the rounds was much tighter. It seemed to have more rhythm than the PCI (Numeral) variety.

I may indulge some of you in another PCIX one day when things are a bit slower.

However, the Pop Note Contest is my next task. PCI7 will be in 2007 sometime.

Archived