CoinPeople.com

Stop 6: On The Road With Tiffibunny

Tiffibunny

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the world famous Wall Drug...

Been there too (last year), and found the place to be a little ... odd? Did not have any free ice water though. Maybe because I was there in January. :ninja:

Thanks for letting us share the fun!

Christian

Guest Stujoe
Been there too (last year), and found the place to be a little ... odd?

It's whole existance is based upon being odd. :ninja: Do they have 'Tourist Traps' in Europe?

It's whole existance is based upon being odd. :ninja: Do they have 'Tourist Traps' in Europe?

Nah. Never. Nowhere. ;)

Actually that kind of tourist trap would be hard to find in most of Europe, simply because over here there aren't that many roads like that: In SD we were on the I-90 from near Pierre to Rapid City and saw, well, a whole lot of nothing on the way. That area is not exactly densely populated, and it's not a joke when after a while you say or think "Hey, look! A tree!" Or ... one of the signs along the freeway that prominently advertise the Wall Drug store.

And I can well imagine that - especially when flying was not as common as today - such a place was a welcome break on the way. "Hey, look! A ... giant plastic dinosaur!" ;)

Christian

Guest Stujoe

As bad as SD can be in a whole lot of nothing....North Dakota is much, much worse. If you want to scare someone in the Air Force, tell them they have orders to Minot AFB, ND. :ninja:

Wyoming was one of the most interesting states I drove through a couple of years ago, remember most all the black horses, everywhere. SD, I haven't been there in quite a long time, since I briefly lived there when I was a kid. I hated it there, hot summers and cold winters and nothing to do. Of the states in that part of the USA, the people in Nebraska were the friendliest, and the people in Utah - well, the unfriendliest - I guess I don't look like I belong there, or maybe too many of my family went apostate(left the LDS)

Utah really? We had the best experience there. It seems that they have recently found oil there. We couldn't find a place to stay so my Mom stopped at a gas station to ask for a phone book. Not only did the clerk give her the book she gave her the phone and tried to point her to places. Then, a man in the store heard the dilemma and also went out of his way to help. He offered the use of his cellphone to call places a bit farther out. Not only that, this man stayed and helped until we actually found a place to stay. It was the nicest thing I ever saw. :ninja:

Archived