CoinPeople.com

Error coin collector from Belgium ( of all places :) )

Hi,

I am Jos Eeckhout. I am 25 yo and live in Belgium. I have collected Belgian coins and banknotes for almost 10 years now, but have switched to errorcoins, forgeries and varieties in the coinage of Belgium and The Netherlands. It's a quite new territory and not very much is known. It's actually quite exciting.

I already was interested in errors, ever since I've met some on eBay. Those are US-coins most of the time. It made me wonder if similar errors existed in my region, and I must say that many already have turned up. Off centers, planchet errors, clips, wrong planchet strikes, double strikes, die clashing, broken dies,...

I have only a small collection of errorcoins, and wish to enlarge it ofcourse, but that isn't the main reason of my message. I would like to meet some collectors of errorcoins and discuss about new finds. People from all over the world are welcome. We can communicate through MSN or mail.

Here in Belgium aren't many errorcoincollectors, so this is the only way to get to know more people in this exciting branch of coinage.

Well, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Jos from Belgium

Goedenavond Jos, nog laat op :ninja:

Welkom hier bij CoinPeople, een vriendelijke en behulpzame groep mensen van over de hele wereld, met behoorlijk vele kennis van alles wat met munten en biljetten te maken heeft.

Heb je vragen, stel ze gerust, er is altijd wel iemand die het antwoord weet.

We zijn altijd geinteresseerd in foto's, dus als je foto's van je verzamling hebt, toon ze maar.

Handige sites daarvoor zijn:

www.omnicoin.com

www.banknotebank.com

(Good evening Jos, you're up late :lol:

Welcome at CoinPeople, a friendly and helpfull group of people from all over teh world, with quite some knowledge on coins and notes.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, tere's always someone who knows the answer.

We're always interested in pictures of your collection, so if you have any pictures, feel free to post them.

Convenient sites for that are:

www.omnicoin.com

www.banknotebank.com

Goedenavond Jos, nog laat op :ninja:

Welkom hier bij CoinPeople, een vriendelijke en behulpzame groep mensen van over de hele wereld, met behoorlijk vele kennis van alles wat met munten en biljetten te maken heeft.

Heb je vragen, stel ze gerust, er is altijd wel iemand die het antwoord weet.

We zijn altijd geinteresseerd in foto's, dus als je foto's van je verzamling hebt, toon ze maar.

Handige sites daarvoor zijn:

www.omnicoin.com

www.banknotebank.com

(Good evening Jos, you're up late ;)

Welcome at CoinPeople, a friendly and helpfull group of people from all over teh world, with quite some knowledge on coins and notes.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, tere's always someone who knows the answer.

We're always interested in pictures of your collection, so if you have any pictures, feel free to post them.

Convenient sites for that are:

www.omnicoin.com

www.banknotebank.com

Bedankt voor de vriendelijke ontvangst ;)

Ik heb al een paar foto's klaarstaan om toe te voegen aan dit prachtige forum. 'k Ben blij dat ik nog wat ben blijven doorzoeken. Had toevallig een antwoord op een vraag die ik hier zag, en zo ben je lid hé. Nu nog effe vertalen voor de niet-lagelanders :lol:

Thanks for the friendly welcome :cry:

I have several pictures ready to add to this wonderfull forum. I'm happy I didn't give up my search. Accidently, I saw a question on which I had a quite usefull reply, so I joined ;)

Jos from Belgium

• 1 month later...

Hey welcome aboard. I am amazed at how good your English (American) actually is. I mentioned the American because I've had to many people tell me us Americans jsut don't speak English. My son spent a year at the U of Krakow. His group landed in Belgium and toured through Europe on their way to Poland for college there. He too was amazed at how many people over there spoke English. He also visited relative in Germany on the way back and there too they spoke English. Glad your here.

As to error coins, that is just one of my specialties. I have been coin collecting for well into the 60 year area now and I have accumulted a bit over 800 error coins. All of USA origin though. I have a large box of foreign coins mostly from my son but with them I wouldn't recgonize an error from a normal coin. In fact at least half of them I don't even know what country they are from. My error coins consist of offsets, blanks, double dies, RPM's and just a lot of other types. Got several couterfeits, slugs, etc also.

Anyway glad to have another error person here.

Hey welcome aboard. I am amazed at how good your English (American) actually is. I mentioned the American because I've had to many people tell me us Americans jsut don't speak English. My son spent a year at the U of Krakow. His group landed in Belgium and toured through Europe on their way to Poland for college there. He too was amazed at how many people over there spoke English. He also visited relative in Germany on the way back and there too they spoke English. Glad your here.

As to error coins, that is just one of my specialties. I have been coin collecting for well into the 60 year area now and I have accumulted a bit over 800 error coins. All of USA origin though. I have a large box of foreign coins mostly from my son but with them I wouldn't recgonize an error from a normal coin. In fact at least half of them I don't even know what country they are from. My error coins consist of offsets, blanks, double dies, RPM's and just a lot of other types. Got several couterfeits, slugs, etc also.

Anyway glad to have another error person here.

Well, we speak english good, thanks to our friend, the television. More than half of our programs, or bought from english speaking countries, and we simply put subtitles under them, and there you go: a cheap new program! In France they dub the voices, and their english is very poor. So subtitling is the way to go! :ninja:

Television learns us to speak the language, school is there, to teach us how to write it. I am still in the younger category of citizens (or so I tell myself all the time), and we are quite good in writing. The older people only manage speaking it, which works great for travelling and such.

I have started a collection of worlderrors too, but I try (very hard) to keep it in the off center section. Smaller errors aren't that interesting when you don't know the coinage of a country. From my 2 countries (Belgium and The Netherlands) everything is good enough to put in my collection. You can see some of the highlights (off centers, doublestrikes, wrong planchet strikes, ...) in the thread I've started in the 'New Purchases'-category of this forum.

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showto...&pid=271176

You can also see the pictures on my Omnicoin-page.

http://www.omnicoin.com/user_view.aspx?id=belg_jos

Hope you find some in your box there ;)

I have some US errors that I would swap, if you'd have anything on offer

Regards

Jos

hi jos!! if you ever intrested in doing research on errors from belgium please let me know.... i am always intrested in doing research.... and i love errors... there isn't a better combination.

Hi LostDutchman

How do you mean? Do you mean 'striking errors' or rather 'die varieties'?

Both are right up my alley, but I guess I don't really understand what you mean.

"Lost in translation" ;)

Get back to me :ninja:

Regards

Jos

jos it really dosen't matter... striking errors are my specality... but i like vareities as well.

Well, have a look in my "New Purchases". There is a nice view of my collection so far.

You can give your opinions there, are we can take one, and discuss it further in the Error-board.

There are already some there, that are waiting for more information.

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=11661

http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showtopic=11346

Regards

Jos

• 4 months later...

Archived