CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

pitty you don't have the 3's, 6's and 8's...

I have to agree on that. The run would certainly make a nice display.

:ninja:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Afghan solid 2's is lovely. Great purchases.

Yes, I agree on that. I have not seen another piece of solid number from Afghanistan before. Unfortunately it is a 2s and not a 5s but I will still keep it for my collection.

As for the Philippines 500 Piso, I am only interested in matching the AF555555 with my Singapore Ship $2 (Purple) AF555555. Therefore it is not important to have a complete AF set.

Those Ireland solid (1 Pounds and 5 Pounds ) are also quite scarce. Hardly find them around except once in ebay for the 1 Pound.

The Pakistan large denomination RS500 is also quite scarce for a 8s. Solid 8s are mostly sought after by Asian collectors from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Chinese collector from South-East Asia countries. :ninja:

I like to know when was this Afghanistan 1000 Afghanis issued. From what I gathered from Ron Wise website, there seem to be a 1979 and 1991 issued banknotes. Can I safely conclude that this series was from 1970s to 1990s. Unfortunately, I still have not got hold of Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money. Would appreciate that someone can furnish and confirm the year of issue. This piece has a solid 4000000 serial number. Thanks. :ninja:

Afghanistan4000000-Front-800.jpg

Afghanistan4000000-Back-800.jpg

I like to know when was this Afghanistan 1000 Afghanis  issued. From what I gathered from Ron Wise website, there seem to be a 1979 and 1991 issued banknotes. Can I safely conclude that this series was from 1970s to 1990s. Unfortunately, I still have not got hold of Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money. Would appreciate that someone can furnish and confirm the year of issue. This piece has a solid 4000000 serial number. Thanks.  :ninja:

It is dated 1991. The Afghani's use the solar Hijri calendar. To determine the actual year, take the SH year (1370 on your note) and add 621.

edit to add: It is listed in the SCWPM as P#61c.

61a is dated SH1358 (1979)

61b is dated SH1369 (1990)

It is dated 1991.  The Afghani's use the solar Hijri calendar.  To determine the actual year, take the SH year (1370 on your note) and add 621.

edit to add:  It is listed in the SCWPM as P#61c. 

61a is dated SH1358 (1979)

61b is dated SH1369 (1990)

Thank you for the invaluable explanation. I really appreciate your help. Thanks :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

14e2bfa.jpg

Finally got one of these! I refused to pay too much, everyone seems to want $$$ for them, so I had to wait until the right moment. I actually got two of them for the price so I did extra good on it. :ninja:

Heh-heh... I like it when I get a good deal!

• 1 month later...

here are some new note i bought from e-bay...waiting them to arrive

Qatar 1 riyal 1996 VF

Brazil 50 cruzeiro uncirculated

Morocco 10 Dirhams VF

Isreal 5 lirot 1968 AU

Thailand 60 baht VF

Nepal 1 rupee XF

Uruguay 100 pesos UNC :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy to now have got my most wanted banknote :ninja: A Macau 10 pataca banknote of the first type (P3 in world paper money). It has been through a lot and has been restored, but what a historic and difficult banknote to have! This banknote purchase also means that I now have all 10 patacas banknotes that has been realeased (all types and years) including one that is not in the WPM. Well I have not all years of the P3 but that would be to much to aim for.

My Webpage

here are some new note i bought from e-bay...waiting them to arrive

Qatar 1 riyal 1996 VF   

:ninja:

I LOVE QATAR and have a bunch of their riyals from when I lived there. My mom still goes there a couple times a year for business.

Tiff....

Where did you get that Romania 1 Leu?

Ive been looking for one to go with the rest of my polymer notes, but I havent been able to find any at a decent price.....

KFC :ninja: