Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice notes Jtryka!

Here is another old acquisition, but one I never imaged before and actually kind of forgot about:

bradburywilkinsondtl.jpg

Usually I am not the promotional note kind of collector, but this one has a classic feminine vignette and was printed by Bradbury Wilkinson and Sons in the 1920's it is actually fairly scarce in uncirculated grade.

bradburywilkinson.jpg

here's my updat on my hong kong find

and has prices for the lot by bank

HK & Shanghai Bank Corp $10

182 a,c,f 4 notes 5.00 (2) 15.00 6.00

191 c 4 notes 3.50 (4) 14.00 total

Gov. of Hong Kong

400 a 2 notes 3.00 (2) 6.00 total

Standard Charted Bank

292 1 15.00

and now FV notes

Standard Chartered bank $10

HK $ Shanghai Bank Corp Limited $290 ($20, 50 , 100)

HKSAR - Bank of China $50

FV Total $460 HKD = 59.36 USD as of 1009 edt 05-05-09

totals of good notes 72 USD

$131.36 from my find in the trash

Dave some lovely notes there yet again, SM that realy is beautiful and now on to the Boston $1 note that is simply stunning :ninja: yep I like the $2 as well but the work on that $1 Wow

• 2 weeks later...
Here is another I just got in the mail on Friday:

1902n50dobv.jpg

1902n50drev.jpg

Jeff, I could only wish to acquire such nice notes, very cool.

Here is another I just got in the mail on Friday:

1902n50dobv.jpg

1902n50drev.jpg

I don't have Friedberg in front of me, but is the train on the back the same train they use on the 1914/15/17 (can't remember) series (juxtaposed against a farm or whatever)?

Just made 2 new purchases. They are a little different to what others seem to be collecting so I thought i would put them up. I will get better images when the notes actually arrive.

Germany Notgeld made from silk Bielifeld 250 Million Mark, 1922 or 23 i think its 23 but the seller thinks 22 i will update when i find my catalog. I think i got this rather cheap at $130 USD

250a.jpg

250b.jpg

Linen note 10 Marks from Breslau 1923? once again ill have to check I think i might have paid a bit much for this one at $84 USD

vad.jpg

vadb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just made 2 new purchases. They are a little different to what others seem to be collecting so I thought i would put them up. I will get better images when the notes actually arrive.

Nice notgeld there Boydle! The ones made from linen, silk, and other types of materials are pretty neat!

:ninja:

Dont know which to comment on 1st LOL man they are all lovely, still after my 1st silk/linen notgeld so will go with those LOL I love just how vibrent the colours still are after so many years ;) and Dave as usual the notes you have are superb :ninja:

Dont know which to comment on 1st LOL man they are all lovely, still after my 1st silk/linen notgeld so will go with those LOL I love just how vibrent the colours still are after so many years ;) and Dave as usual the notes you have are superb :ninja:

De Orc, You can pick up common silk or linen notgeld in UNC for 15USD or so (Sometimes less i got some as cheap as $5USD but its not common) you need to keep an eye out though or you will pay twice or even more.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of a note here, but I was rather taken by the image on the reverse showing the industrial area. It's a madhouse scene, and I can only image the pollution that would have been in a place like this. THe note is from 1966, but the image seems like something from the Industrial Age. The catalog simply states "Large refinery on back." I wonder if it's still there and if it is really as crazy as it looks.

24118ur.jpg