• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are the pics of the two Macau banknotes:

Macau10Pfront.jpg

It is the front of the 10 pataca 1995 banknote from Banc of China, Macau branch. It shows a lighthouse were you get a comanding view of the city and taipa island. The houses beside are from the old portuguese fort, but now much modified.

Macau10Pback.jpg

Back of the same note. Shows the Banc of China head office building. In another topic I am going to write soon, I shall tell more about this.

Macau50Pfront.jpg

It is the front of the Macau 50 patacas 1981 banknote. It shows the portuguese national hero, Luis de Camoes (he is blind in one eye and not winking as some people thinks). The banknote comes with the presidente signature.

Macau50pback.jpg

Back of the banknote. I had to use my uncirculated 50p (without presidente sign) for this picure as the other was to dirty to get any good focus on the details (they have the same back motifs). It shows a scene over the city from the 19th century.

Guest Aidan Work

Yesterday,I bought 2 banknotes from Uganda depicting Idi Amin on them.They are a 10 Shillings & a 20 Shillings,which I didn't have.The guy

I bought them off has also got a 100 Shillings for me.There are several signature combinations in the Idi Amin series.I had a 5 Shillings & a 100 Shillings.The 100 Shillings I am buying next week is one of the other signature combinations which I don't have.He let me have the 10 & 20 Shillings for NZ$15,which was just under half his marked price.

I also bought a New Zealand 5 Shillings unoverprinted British Postal Order with counterfoil still attached.It was issued at Dunedin on '6APR 1964' (6th of April 1964).I paid NZ$15 for it from my boss,who is a coin dealer I help out on a part-time basis.

Aidan.

i just picked up an original bahraini 20 dinar note of the 1993-series. here's an original note above the unauthorized version for comparison.

original:

bah20origf-vi.jpg

unauthorized:

bah20secondf-vi.jpg

note the overall darker color, the top of the center title bar, the ripples around the center seal, and the closeness of the serial prefix letters.

Guest Aidan Work

Alex,those are nice banknotes from Mauritius & Ulster.Both the Ulster 10 Quid notes are very colourful.Is the Northern Bank one from the new series that recently came out,or is it from an older series? The Ulster banknotes have a very strong influence from the Scots trading bank notes.A lot of people get confused between the notes from Ulster,& the ones from Ireland.The Ulster banknotes are inscribed solely in English,

whereas,the Irish banknotes are inscribed in both Erse & English.

Aidan.

Yep, it's one of the new ones. The bank got robbed by the IRA and they had to change the colours on the notes.

Here's some new stuff:

1f_1_b.JPG

e0_1_b.JPG

be_1_b.JPG

9c_1_b.JPG

Romania - New series, from ebay.

SyriaP96c-25Pounds-1973-donatedth_f.jpg

Syria - 1973

And now... (Here's a big one!!!)

SaudiArabiaP8b-10Riyals-AH1379(1961)-donatedth_f.jpg

Barrwed scan, mine is JUST as nice! It's a Saudi 10 Riyals from 1961. Books at $275 in UNC.