CoinPeople.com
Guest Aidan Work

Latest Banknote purchases.

Got some Colombian notes lately, and I have to say that the more I look at them the more I like them. While at first they seem somewhat muted in colors and rather bland overall, there are hidden gems inside. I've attached a scan of just one of these, with some hidden text, hidden animals, and great security features. With so many of the newer notes having what looks like bad photoshop renderings of pictures into engravings, it is nice to see some these with real engraving artwork, melding the trees, the animals and water with different styles.

2n8x7it.jpg

What a very lovely note. I see a snake, a turtle, a fish, a porpoise, an alligator, and a couple of other creatures I can't identify.

Very nice!

And a few others from various places:

Guinea 5000 Francs 2015

946758A.jpg

946758B.jpg

Lesotho 200 Maloti 2001

946756B.jpg

946756A.jpg

Liberia 500 dollars 2017

946755B.jpg

946755A.jpg

Oh and this one that took over 10 years to find.

Kazakhstan 10000 Tenge 2003

946757B.jpg

946757A.jpg

Very nice

Something old

Japan 5 Sen 1944

947680A.jpg947680B.jpg

and some new things

Argentina 20 Pesos

947678A.jpg947678B.jpg

Djibouti 40 Francs

947679A.jpg947679B.jpg

Norway 200 Kroner

947682A.jpg947682B.jpg

Madagascar 100 Ariary

947681A.jpg947681B.jpg

Like MMMM I have just received the pretty cool Armenian Noah's Ark commemorative note. A must have for MMMM! :D 

Untitled-_True_Color-01.jpg

I also have an Azerbaijan 1 Manat featuring musical instruments. I will try to put up the link to my website with these instruments as well later this weekend. 

Untitled-_True_Color-02.jpg

Both are fantastic! Reminiscent of the days when hundreds of similarly gorgeous notes were posted on this site.

19 hours ago, thedeadpoint said:

Both are fantastic! Reminiscent of the days when hundreds of similarly gorgeous notes were posted on this site.

I feel the same way. This was a hoppin' site with all the posts and everything.

Reddit? I'm not sure that's very active for this... I went dormant wrt my collections for a long while but I'm preparing to return. Probably fewer coins, more notes and literature. I wasn't a very organized collector but maybe that will change now... 

People just stopped posting.  I just toss a few up just to see if anyone is there. CoinTalk has some movement, but not a lot. Maybe world banknote collecting is fading in English speaking parts of the world.

I have two problems:

1) I only buy new stuff once a year (if that). Sadly, I haven't found any good coin stores in the Washington D.C. area - surprising given the history and the money (in all uses of the word) here. Moreover, when the Baltimore Coin Show is going on, I seem to always be busy that one weekend - even when I plan on going!!

2) When I do buy something, I forget to document it for this site. I intend to, but never get around to it.

It is hard to find a good shop.  All near me in New England seem to want to charge an arm and two legs for banknotes.

Yeah, someone has to post something else in this thread, other than animals, it is really starting to look like a Ark, and all I have are animals.

Argentina 1000 Pesos, 2018

947723A.jpg

947723B.jpg

Pretty random assortment of some notes.  I actually only wanted the 5000 Rupiah note, but the seller sent the others along as well. ... plus more, that I already had, and have posted previously. 

Untitled-_True_Color-01.jpg

Nice notes, is it not odd that we seem to collect always collect extra notes that we are not looking for.

These are the new Mauritania, I am kind of disappointed in the sub-strait, the paper just does not have the texture of the old.  Too bad.

947731B.jpg

947731A.jpg

947730B.jpg

947730A.jpg

947729B.jpg

947729A.jpg