Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For some reason Fiji KGV notes are almost ALWAYS torn to pieces. Here's my 10 shilling for KGV. To get that KGVI 10 pound note in a nice VF would have required me to spend 10x what I paid, and I paid good money for it, it's just so tough to find. Now, if anyone has the 5 pound note for sale...hit a brother up!

Yeah, if you want these early Fiji notes in good condition, you WILL pay out the nose! Now I have a friend who has a complete KGVI short set (no 20 pound note) along with complete Jamaica, Bermuda, and India KGVI sets that he started collecting 30 years ago. His are in MARVELOUS condition. I'm only jealous that when he sells I won't be able to afford them! :)

fiji_p32c_front.jpg

fiji_p32c_rear.jpg

I hear ya. I'm in a similar boat with a much easier series I collect. (Remind me to post my latest additions later.) Sometimes it's just so hard to find even a half decent note - might take decades to find one you like enough to add to your collection. But that's why I love collecting!

Makes me wonder how rare these Fiji notes are. And why.

Great note. I'm not the patient sort. I cannot see myself searching for long periods for a coin or note. More of an instant gratification collector here.

There area I collect also often has a similar situation as far as condition goes. I need to complete my (nearly complete) set of KGV and KGVI of India notes. Missing 2 denominations in the former and missing 1 denomination and a couple of specific issues in the latter. I wait for years if necessary to get the acceptable condition at the right price.

Finally found a decent example of this note. Hard to find them not looking like they's been drug through the streets.

5ul5dv.jpg

Maybe I am missing something. The image I see (in Dave comment) is this (how car suspensions work).

5ul5dv.jpg

Does anyone else see that?

Maybe I am missing something. The image I see (in Dave comment) is this (how car suspensions work).

5ul5dv.jpg

Does anyone else see that?

Yes. I find it... shocking.

Ok - How does this look - anything like a Belgian 20 franc note?

25p7of7.jpg

Not sure what happened earlier Dave, perhaps an erroneous image was cached in a server somewhere. Now I do see the Belgian note (a stunning note may I add) in all instances of the image. Thanks for indulging.