CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Guest Aidan Work
several welsh private issues:

897365A.jpg

897364A.jpg

897363A.jpg

These notes bear the name of the Black Sheep Company of Wales Limited.I have got a 5 Shillings & a 10 Pounds of this series,plus a 1 Pound of the predecessor organisation - The Chief Treasury of Wales Limited,whose name is on the notes of the Black Sheep Company of Wales Limited.These notes are affectionately known as 'Black Sheep' notes.Most of them were never issued,but they were dumped into the numismatic trade through England.They are actually quite common notes.

Aidan.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aidan Work

I got sent 2 25c. shinplasters from Canada by a dealer in Manitoba.They

are the 1900 & 1923 ones in better condition than dealers over here in New Zealand have offered me.It cost me nothing,as the dealer sent them to me with his compliments.

Aidan.

:ninja:  Some of those would fit right in with my "weird people" collection, esp. that 50.  ;)

I remember going to France in 1995, and my company gave us an envelope with about 2,500 francs for taxis, tolls etc. and one of the notes they gave us was a 500 franc note like the one you have pictured. The only reasons I remember it was that guy has the look on his face that we all had after we spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to fit it in our wallets!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Miguel if I am not wrong, the Singapore bankote that starts with the serial 1 seems to be issued just last year 2004 or so if I am not wrong. Serial 0 was issued since 1999 and it is time to replace the old banknotes. Also note the hologram difference with serial 0 and serial 1 with the same banknote. I am quite sure there are some differences. :ninja: