CoinPeople.com

Stop 5: banivechi

banivechi

My preferred place at the preferred time: Union square in the twilight.

Interesting! Not just because of the square but also because one can hardly see or guess Libby's actual size. Might as well be a big sculpture. :ninja:

Nice pictures, thanks for taking Libby (and us) on that tour!

Christian

59.16 grams!!! Sir Sisu! You did not feed it? It had 60 grams in Finland!

It must have been all the sauna sessions that made her lose some weight. :lol:

Or did I remove so much silver when I engraved my name?? :ninja:

Great photos Mircea!!

I wish Libby had come my way at a better time, unfortunately with a sudden trip over to Asia she kind of got lost in the shuffle.  And I could have gotten some good picts too, like at the Great Wall, Chairman Mao's Tomb, the Forbidden City, Tokyo etc.

If you would like a do over that would be ok.

numismatic.jpg

Well, Libby was doing just fine with Mircea. We have been together to make the photos last days, but on sunday morning the 2 escaped my watchful eyes.

They caught me off guard on the exact time I couldn't follow them: in the morning, when I was sleeping. So, the 2 of them sneaked out of our room like 2 thieves and went to the Numismatic Society.

This is the place "boys" meet and brag about their latest purchases and aquisitions and also look for some more merchandise. Of course I'm almost an outsider and kinda like seeing them act like big kids .. but I think many people here do the same, so I am not telling anything new :ninja:

So .. the 2 of them got out from the apartment and off they went. They were there, ready to make Libby a star. She was able to meet other nice coins, who at first laughed at her since she is no longer a "normal" coin. But Libby knew what to tell them. She told them that even if she might seem "cheap" because of the names carved on her, she is really priceless. She then told them what she saw in all her journeys and how many interested things were in store for her, that they almost corroted of envy. They realised Libby does have a special destiny and they all offered to be a part of this program too.

Mircea might tell you even more about this.

Well, Banivechi came home .. at last .. with Libby and told me about how sad she was when the other coins were mocking at her. We realised that we need to end her journey in Romania in a nice way so that she can have even more things to experience and tell you about.

She was a bit sad throughout the sunday and we convinced her finaly that she's no longer an ordinary coin and that we all love her so much. She finaly gave in and offerred us a nice smile.

She didn't know what to expect on Monday morning when banivechi and I parted. I had to go to work and he went back home. Libby was a bit uneasy since I took her with me. She was always with banivechi in her days in Romania, so she was a bit scared to be left with me only. And she feared I might be a bit angry about her and banivechi leaving me the day before to sneak to the Numismatic Association.

Well I wasn't. I told her that and I also promised her that this day will be special. When I told her I'd take her to my job she just rolled her eyes: "yeah .. cool", but then I told her: it's a radio station.

radio.jpg

So .. here she is ... I wasn't able to take a clean picture since I was a bit uneasy, she wanted to push all the buttons and even speak on the microphone.

It took me some time to convince Libby that a radio station is not something we play on and that we need to behave. I am not alone there and what would my coleagues think of her if she acted like a child?

I finaly made her cool off. I wasn't able to make her stay as a good kid should, so I finaly granted her access on the keyboard to tell her friends who were online where she was. it was something new for her, so I just let her enjoy the moment.

headphones.jpg

As you can already see from the above picture, Libby just couldn't be convinced to stay and watch. She wanted to listen to the music .. at least ...

After she really tried to convince me nothing bad can come from this, I adjusted the headphones for her and she listened to some music. She wasn't interested anymore with chatting with other friends, but more and more drawn towards my microphone.

She finaly managed to get even closer and I just caught her with the headphones on and ready to speak on the microphone :ninja:

onair.jpg

I was a bit angry already. I told her that it's not OK for her to undermine my authority and that i could have some serious problems with my boss if a total stranger came and talked on the air. "I'm not a stranger" she cried ..

What could I explain to her? That she is not a stranger, that's true, but even if we're friends, my boss and the others are not her friends. They might not like hearing someone else speak in my radio show, lest in English :ninja:

After hearing that she could have given me some serious problems, Libby apologised. I cannot stay angry at her, you can imagine that. I even promised her that after we finish the show and are no longer live, we can play a bit with the microphone.

That kept her quiet and behaved and I was able to finaly take care of my show ..

microfon.jpg

Well, I promised her we can play with the mic once we're not on air anymore and I kept my promise. We had some time on our hands and we could fool around. She started singing and even talking to an imaginary listener. She was very attentive while I was on the air and tried to imitate me.

We prepared some music for the next hours and were ready to leave home. After getting out of the radio station, Libby told me that she really had a good time. I was quite pleased to hear that. She was quite depressed the day before and I really wanted for us to give her something nice to think about.

Banivechi was already waiting for us. He wanted to know how she felt being only with me and was a bit sad to hear that she spent some very pleasant hours with me. He was her host in the end and I was just an intruder ...

Well, they're best friends anyway. Libby confessed she would stay some more, but we told her that so many nice people are waiting for her and so many nice places she'll see. We confessed we're a bit envious: she can see so many things and places. I think this made her realise again that she is special and more fortunate than others. She promissed to write to us whenever she can and we agreed to exchange emails often. She's resting now and getting ready for a new journey :ninja:

Archived