CoinPeople.com

This is the End...

:ninja: Congrats on the victory Ian! It was great to be in such esteemed company!

In most previous competitions, my coins have usually been voted out in the first round, so I must admit my sincere surprise that my coin made it this far. WOW! Thanks everyone!

And the biggest thanks to Mr PCI Guy :lol: for running the whole show!

Dammit! after having a generic `acceptance speech' ready for the past thirty years just in case I ever won anything....I can't find where I put it. So i'll just have to settle for a few of these:- :ninja:;);):lol::cry::D

In between weeping tears of joy ;) i'd like to personally thank all who took part ....and voted. To the organiser...bless you; bless your mother for having you; my mother for having me; my bank manager for banking with me (I do solemnly swear to try banking with him one day...soon.....who knows...)

On the downside, this contest (and PCI extra) has opened my eyes to some coins / tokens / medals that are now on my `must have' list....that Lisbon medal of Elverno's being top of the list. I don't know about you, but coin collecting is one of the most stressful and engrossing activities i've ever come across. Anyone who can relax AND collect coins is obviously just in denial concerning their addiction.....or the required finance arrangements.

There were a lot of good coins in PCI 6 and I was surprised with the way some of the voting went at times.....but not unpleasantly, given that one of my entries came out on top. I must confess, THE one that had me running scared was the Papal Piastre :D . That's a real stunner of a coin that stands out from the crowd for my tastes.

Harri....I never thought I would ever be tempted again to collect modern coins but I must make an exception in this case and get hold of one of these Polish beauties. ;)

Ian

On the downside, this contest (and PCI extra) has opened my eyes to some coins / tokens / medals that are now on my `must have' list....that Lisbon medal of Elverno's being top of the list.

Ah yes that the PCI-effect, you never knew how much stuff you wanted. I still like your Pont du Gard coin, which was about my fave of the competition.

Of PCI-X, i too admire Elverno's coin!

There were a lot of good coins in PCI 6 and I was surprised with the way some of the voting went at times.....but not unpleasantly...

As the PCI saying goes, "it ain't over, till it's over!"

I usually try and predict which one i think is going to win before i put the first Round One competition up. I'm frequently wrong. I expected the Bust gold coin to sail into the final... how wrong was i?

You know there was a time when copper coins were considered unlikely to do well, although there is such a copper fraternity on here now that they do very well.

Now if you put a gold coin in, you're pretty much guaranteed to lose.

Silver always does well. The winner 'nearly' always is a silver coin. So here we go, another silver gets the metaphorical PCI trophy!

Quality coins were at this "Olympiad" of coins... :lol:

The motto of my site is also "Quality coins" so I invite the winners to send me the coins... to put them back at their place. :ninja:

Seriously now, all the coins/medals/tokens are worthy of admiration... but that Thaler... is really the best!

Congrats to all participants, and to PCI Guy for his wonderful job!

I still like your Pont du Gard coin, which was about my fave of the competition.

It's my favourite jeton. So much history represented in one coin, and I don't think that particular portrait was used on any other item. Although it went out of the competition earlier than i'd hoped, it still did better than I thought it would. The world hasn't fully wakened up to these immensely collectable numismatic items as yet, but one or two of us are busy doing our best to work on that :ninja:

Congrats!  Not only for winning, but for owning such a fabulous coin!

Thanks. That coin was certainly one of my better purchases. The rest of the world must have been sleeping when it came on the market a few years back.

Archived