CoinPeople.com

1894 MS65 Indian in bank roll

roywilson1967

1894.jpgI have been buying pennies at the bank to go through since 1977 on and off. The 1980's were pretty good at finding early wheats and even an occassional Indian. The 1990's were not very good at anything. Recently, I started this again and have gone through about 12 boxes of pennies over the last month. I don't know how it has been for others, but I have found (1) 1909 VDB - XF, (21) 1998 Wide AM's, (6) 2000 Wide AM's, and last week I found a beautiful 1894 RED MS65 Indian Head! I've looked around to see if this was a coin that was purposely put back in circulation, but have found nothing. Needless to say, I am hooked on bank rolls again! :ninja:

I just wanted to let people know there is still some real finds sitting at the bank! Good luck to all, and happy hunting! I still find about 20 wheats to every $25.00 box of pennies---if nothing else!

Roy

P.S. The indian looks flat from my scanner, but has beautiful luster!

• 3 weeks later...

I found 3 indians in one roll once, but they were all Ag-G's, finding an MS, sounds like someone broke open Pa's albums eh? Nice find though!

Archived