CoinPeople.com

article on Polymer note printing

superbeast1098

Nice link. I like the words - Biaxially, opacified, securency - Makes me feel smart when I know what they mean :lol:

I have heard that these are really tough to tear/rip. I haven't come accross any yet that had any rips, so I guess they're better that paper in that regard. I can't bring myself to try tearing one in my own collection :ninja: - Perhaps someone in a country that has them can try a little experiment on a circulating note and let me know? :cry:

Oh you can most certainly rip it into half if you tried it over some time on a heavily circulated note, but often it is usually a small little cut in the note that will cause it to be torn much easier.

But really, polymer notes are really amazing. The only thing they can't resist against is strong heat but otherwise, rule over paper easily.

I agree that they are alot better than paper banknotes. It actually saves countries alot of money by printing on the polymer substrate. If it lasts longer then paper, then the country would not need to print as many. And from what I understand, the polymer material is cheaper than paper..... Im not 100% sure on that though......

KFC :ninja:

Intial cost make the polymer notes cost more than paper. But long term they have a longer circulating time than paper which reduces there cost way below paper.

Polymer notes are truly amazing :ninja:

Archived