CoinPeople.com

How Much Time Do You Spend Online?

A bit different than how many sites you frequent, how much time do you spend doing that?

For me, I would underestimate my online COIN time at about eight to 10 hours a week, about an hour to two per day.

This is significant because I am not just lurking and reading, but writing.

Anything upto 4 hours a day (more on weekends), some weekends i go out so i don't make an appearance at all.

Generally though i'd say average is 2 hours every day and six on weekends. Making a total of 24 hours a week.

Which frankly is too much i'm thinking. This includes reading, browsing and writing. It's not just coin forums, but many other things i check out. Alot of forums and emails and things on a slow dialup connection. I suppose if i was on a faster connection i could get through stuff quicker on the weekdays and thus spend less time online.

Guest Stujoe

I have no idea. Probably good that I don't :ninja: When I am working on my website, it can be many hours at a time. Other times, the computer is on but I am not at it. I don't hardly ever watch TV and I only read books in bed so, if I am relaxing, I am usually at the computer (as opposed to the couch or recliner or sleeping). My coin hobby area is also right next to the computer desk.

Right now, the oldest and youngest sons are down the street at the park with some friends, my daughter has a friend over and they are playing dolls in her room, the wife is at work and the dogs and cats are asleep. So, in between doing a few things around the house and outside, I am online posting a little here and doing some things on my website. That is a fairly typical, lazy weekend day. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
About 40 hrs a week - more if I am researching. And no - I can't get a life. This IS my life  ;)

Must be tough :ninja:

About 40 hrs a week - more if I am researching. And no - I can't get a life. This IS my life  :ninja:

We call it a hobby, but unlike bowling or gardening, we expect to show some profit -- after all the subject here is money. So, if you love what you do, then being online for numismatic research, reporting, chatting, and schmoozing, is important.

(I never understand how people can do something they are not passionate about.)

GD, I would say that your time online is well spent. Other people might spend more time online, but I doubt that anyone gets much more out of their connect time.

Archived