CoinPeople.com

Canada 2017 $10 Commemorative Note

ccg

This, for the sesquicentennial, would be the fourth.

While the US has yet to issue a commemorative note, it has issued notes and coins of new types on significant anniversaries e.g. 1909 Lincoln cent - birth centennial, 1932 Washington quarter - birth bicentennial, 1976 $2 note - Declaration of Independence bicentennial.

• 1 month later...

Notes have now been released to circulation. I've seen prefixes CDA and CDB thus far, and the sample photos from the Bank of Canada show prefix CDF.

With a run of 40,000,000, and 10,000,000 notes per prefix, that would mean that there should be one more prefix out there (or two, if there's also one for replacement notes).

• 3 weeks later...

For those who wish to see the scene of Capilano Lake / The Lions as shown on the left side of the reverse, the what3words location is bravery.bonnet.sober / binders.question.storms (yes, the patch of grass that's been worn out from too many people stopping there to take photos).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gorgeous Notes... As a fan of Canadian notes, and the one also has an online shop for World banknotes, These will be a great addition to my personal collection and for my store...(Though Canadian notes, like some pre-Euro European notes, tends to be very expensive to get in UNC condition..., Part of the reason I don't have much in my site...

But, a beautiful note.