CoinPeople.com

Hello Coin People,

My name is Matthew, I have been a member of this site in the past and thought I would get involved once again. I am primarily a collector but also venturing into selling coins as a hobby.

I have some lovely old British coins and I thought I would use this thread to share some of them with you, I intend to post regularly and I would also love to see some of the British hammered and milled coins in your own collections!

Aethelred%20CRUX%20penny_zpseps3ola2.jpg

Aethelred II (The Unready) Silver CRUX Penny Coin 978 - 1016

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello Matthew,

i like your pics very much. (the coins are also great, of course :yes: )

Moneyer: Thurfearth from Norwich (the reverse picture is upside down)

Rev. legend: + ÐV - REF: - ERÐ O - NOR

Norwich, Thurfearth,

Ref.: N. 781 ; S. 1157

May we get some details about your technique of making the pictures? (i assume indirect illumination, dark and distant background, ...?)

regards

Hello Matthew,

i like your pics very much. (the coins are also great, of course :yes: )

Moneyer: Thurfearth from Norwich (the reverse picture is upside down)

Rev. legend: + ÐV - REF: - ERÐ O - NOR

Norwich, Thurfearth,

Ref.: N. 781 ; S. 1157

May we get some details about your technique of making the pictures? (i assume indirect illumination, dark and distant background, ...?)

regards

Hello Arminius,

Thankyou very much for helping to identify the mint and moneyer, very much appreciated, it had me baffled for a while!

I use a homemade axial lighting system, similar to this - http://bit.ly/2sxH12r but a little more honed for coin photography. I use a dark background which is tidied up afterwards with a photo editor, it works very well.

Kind regards

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, Great British Coins said:

Hello Coin People,

My name is Matthew, I have been a member of this site in the past and thought I would get involved once again. I am primarily a collector but also venturing into selling coins as a hobby.

I have some lovely old British coins and I thought I would use this thread to share some of them with you, I intend to post regularly and I would also love to see some of the British hammered and milled coins in your own collections!

Aethelred%20CRUX%20penny_zpseps3ola2.jpg

Aethelred II (The Unready) Silver CRUX Penny Coin 978 - 1016

Thank you Matthew will be watching out for your posts.Beautiful coin.Thanks again.

• 10 months later...