CoinPeople.com

Jamaica Coin Quest

So I am down to only 4 coins left in my 7 1/2 year quest to collect every JAMAICAN coin minted from 1869 to 1969.

I only need the following:

1903 1/2 penny
1914 1/2 penny
1914 penny
1928 1/2 penny

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!!

So I am down to only 4 coins left in my 7 1/2 year quest to collect every JAMAICAN coin minted from 1869 to 1969.

I only need the following:

1903 1/2 penny

1914 1/2 penny

1914 penny

1928 1/2 penny

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated!!

That's quite a feat. You've shown extreme dedication. I wish you lots of luck in finding the missing coins. I'm sure that I don't have any of them.

Jamaica is a former British colony and between 1869 and 1969 (exactly 100 years which is a nice coincidence) GB produced coins for use by people living in this island. Although the island became independent in 1962 it was 1969 the independent Jamaican government started to produce their own coins with prominent local people on the obverse. Coins were not produced every year but in only 56 of those 100 years. Only 3 coins were produced, the farthing, 1/2 penny and penny. And over those 56 years a total of 145 different coins were issued. And I now own 142 of them. Just those elusive 3 to go! So if anyone can help, please do.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this rare early Jamaican brass token - 1844, Thomas Lunday.

Nice piece to have especially in a Jamaican collection.