CoinPeople.com

I assume it's Chinese but what ? Banknote identification please.

fozz57

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally had a chance to look through my catalogs and - I came up with nothing. I think this is likely a private issue note by a private bank, or an uncatalogued bank. Either way, there are LOTS - really - lots! - of banknote issuers, and while it's quite possible I missed it, I think it's just not cataloged. Maybe someone who can actually read Chinese rather than 'Match Up' characters in a catalog might come along and be better able to help.

Please note that I am not an expert, and my Chinese stinks.

1919, Pinkiang Chamber of Commerce Temporary Deposit Receipt. You do need someone to read it in Chinese and also make sure it is not a fake. But if it is real, that is a nice find indeed.

• 11 months later...

This note is genuine, but not very rare. Binjiang ("Pinkiang") is the same city as Haerbin (Harbin). In my 12 volume catalog on Chinese emergency notes 1911-1949 the issuer is BIN-0040. The note was printed by Molin printing factory in Binjiang/Haerbin.

Erwin

This note is genuine, but not very rare. Binjiang ("Pinkiang") is the same city as Haerbin (Harbin). In my 12 volume catalog on Chinese emergency notes 1911-1949 the issuer is BIN-0040. The note was printed by Molin printing factory in Binjiang/Haerbin.

Erwin

:bthumbsup:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/2/2016 at 2:19 PM, chinnotes said:

Erwin

Hi Erwin, I'm a journalist working on a story about Chinese practice money. I found one of your posts and wanted to ask you about it. Email me adrjeffries at gmail. Hope to talk to you soon!