CoinPeople.com

Finland $2 commemorative

crystalk64

I think my topic pretty much said it all. I don't understand the prices Finlands coins ALWAYS manage to bring expecially this new $2 commemorative? Can anyone tell me just how many of these coins were struck and what is the best place to pick them up at a fair price? Thanks!

Well, first I must say I would be willing to pay a large amount for a Finn $2 commem! :ninja:

Seriously though, are you referring to the soon to be released 2005 €2 or last year's (2004) €2 commemorative? Last year's mintage was 1 million and this year's mintage will be 1.5 million.

As for the price: Last year the €2 commem was sold to the public by mail at "face value" plus €2.9 shipping, for a total of €4.9 per coin. I do not know how the Mint prices the coins when selling them wholesale to dealers/distributors outside of Finland.

I am assuming the Mint will sell them in a similar fashion here this year also. If you are interested in either year let me know. Since I usually purchase the new Finnish coins here from the Mint I do not search for other venues too often.

I usually try to locate 4 or 5 of the new $2 commemoratives when they are released as I buy for 3 other collectors, plus my wife or little one, just according to whether any particular coin suits her taste. If it doesn't my little guy gets the extra one. Oh, I am referring to the soon to be released $2 commemorative so let us all know how many you can get your paws on and we will work out payment or trade. Just want to make sure I get them and I have not had any other European collectors mention them as of this time. Thanks for the offer! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your efforts in advance as many of the new releases from the Euro countries are very very expensive through dealers over here if they get them. I must count of European collectors, most of the time, in my efforts to keep my Euro collection growing. I am always willing to return the favor, trade or just buy out right to avoid the high dealer markups here in the states. Look forward to hearing something concerning this new issue. Don't want to come across as greedy in my efforts to buy for myself and other collectors but it makes more sense, due to shipping costs, to try and get coins at the same time, when possible but can be content with just one of anything to add to my personal collection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been able to get a fair amount of these. I will be offering them in the Advertising section in a couple of days.

OK, so it has been more than a couple of days. :ninja: Daily living keeps me extremely busy. But hey, at least I finally got to it. ;)

If anyone is interested please see the post in the Want to Sell forum.

Archived