CoinPeople.com

Dictators

Jazinta

I am very interested in collecting notes of dictators. I do not like them at all (they are very cruel to the people) but it's interesting. I don't have all the famous dicators like Saddam or Gaddafi, but I would like to see which others people have. A couple of mine are:

Nyazow, the dictator of Turkmenistan on 100 manat

080901077a.jpg

Duvalier "Baby Doc" of Haiti on 5 Gourdes. This guy was extreme terrible.

duvalier.png

I don't have any but I think that's a great idea for a theme! Can't wait to see what other people share

It really is an interesting theme but it it hard to get some of those notes. But in the same time they can be easy to get, for example you were in Iraq after "Dubya" Bush's invasion.

Strictly my opinion. If one is into collecting, one cannot make judgments about the subject. Quite often the moral aspect is really unclear depending on what side of the argument you are on. Collecting "dictator" notes seems to be a fine theme, go for it. Even if you make a moral judgment, you can easily showcase that collection from that point of view.

Actually I believe it is a very good theme. Collecting theese notes, make you more knowledgable about the terrible regims many of the dictators ran.

The more we know, the more we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

I do have banknotes of Chinas Chiang Kai Shek, who actually didn't control much of the country, but witin his area he was a truly terrible dictator. Then I do have Mao Ze Dong notes who of course should be included in the dictator theme.

Unfortunately I believe you will have no problem finding banknotes of dictators, as we do have seen a lot of them.

Good luck

Muammar Gaddafi on 1 Dinar

img0104tr.jpg

Saddam Hussein on 25 Dinars of Iraq and many many notes from this country with him.

skanowanie0129y.jpg

I really want a Saddam and Gaddafi notes, but I can never find them.

Being from India, that could have applied to me (ethics of collections related to oppressing regimes) collecting British currency and especially British (and Portuguese) Indian currency. As I said, from a collecting point of view it still is an important area.

I really want a Saddam and Gaddafi notes, but I can never find them.

This cannot be a serious statement. Where are you looking? Many dealers have them. And especially on ebay, there are tons of both.

This cannot be a serious statement. Where are you looking? Many dealers have them. And especially on ebay, there are tons of both.

I don't trust it very much. And where I am there aren't many coin dealers.

Being from India, that could have applied to me (ethics of collections related to oppressing regimes) collecting British currency and especially British (and Portuguese) Indian currency. As I said, from a collecting point of view it still is an important area.

I have Nazi money (5 RM 1941) but not because I support their policies or regime but because it is from an important time period. Also it features the ideal Nazi, blond haired and blu eyes. I guess most people collect them as a curiousity, like when a dictator or regime falls.

My Indian notes are my only non-thematic part of my collection - had to have them because they have one of the most amazing people to have ever graced a banknote. Someone no doubt who wouldn't have been to big on having his image on banknotes!

• 3 months later...

zambia50kwachaa.jpg

First President of Zambia, Kenneth Kaunda on 50 Kwacha banknote

siria50pounds2009r.jpg

Former President of Syria (and father of the present President) Hafez al Assad on back of the 50 Pounds 2009 banknote

vietnamvietnamuldenord1.jpg

Ho Chi Minh on North Vietnam 10 Dong banknote

cuba20pesos1960avers.jpg

Cuba 20 Pesos 1960 with Che Guevara signature

I wish you a happy new year! And full of great acquisitions!

:bhyper: :mf_napoleon: :santawink: :yahoo::bthumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

zambia50kwachaa.jpg

First President of Zambia, Kenneth Kaunda on 50 Kwacha banknote

I wish you a happy new year! And full of great acquisitions!

:bhyper: :mf_napoleon: :santawink: :yahoo::bthumbsup:

I got the Kenneth Kuanda 50 note, and now I got Ho Chi Minh on 200 dong and Saddam on 5 dinars, but the crappy ones of after the gulf war.

Syria - 1000 Pounds - 1997 (and reprint 2012) with Hafez al-Assad (Unfortunately i do not have this note! :bsad: )

syr0111ao.jpg

Syria - 1000 Pounds - Proof note with Bashar al-Assad (http://www.dailymoti...rom=embediframe)

siriaproof1000poundsa.jpg

siriaproof1000poundsr.jpg

Maybe in the future there will be a banknote with Bashar (or Assad regime will be defeated by the Syrian National Coalition :read: )