website, publication?

#2 ccg

ccg

I'll catch up... someday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,276 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

There isn't one in particular that I'd single out. A combination of Trends (part of Canadian Coin News), and current selling prices of the main large dealers (Colonial Acres, Gatewest, JandM) will usually give a good ballpark range.

Charlton catalogue is somewhat useless since it assumes that all items are TPG and thus assigns a minimum value of $5 to everything. Seriously, I'd love to see a slabbed 1960s nickel in AU-50. :lol:

#3 Art1.2

Art1.2

Still more Art

• SuperMods
  • 16,010 posts
  • Interests:Primary collections at this time are Roosevelt Dimes and Jefferson Nickels. Focus is on Registry Sets and raw sets in GEM BU/PF condition.
  • OmniCoin
  • BanknoteBank

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

There isn't one in particular that I'd single out. A combination of Trends (part of Canadian Coin News), and current selling prices of the main large dealers (Colonial Acres, Gatewest, JandM) will usually give a good ballpark range.

Charlton catalogue is somewhat useless since it assumes that all items are TPG and thus assigns a minimum value of $5 to everything. Seriously, I'd love to see a slabbed 1960s nickel in AU-50. :lol:

I need a number of slabbed 1960s nickels -- but not Canadian.

Seriously -- is this new for the Charlton catalogue? I have a copy from years past and it has some prices that are like 10 and 15 cents.

#4 ccg

ccg

I'll catch up... someday

• Members
  • 28,276 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Seriously -- is this new for the Charlton catalogue? I have a copy from years past and it has some prices that are like 10 and 15 cents.

For the past year or two, yes - they pretty much revamped it as a sort of slabbed coin valuation cat. It's practically unusable for any modern circulation coin.

#5 Art1.2

Art1.2

Still more Art

• SuperMods
  • 16,010 posts
  • Interests:Primary collections at this time are Roosevelt Dimes and Jefferson Nickels. Focus is on Registry Sets and raw sets in GEM BU/PF condition.
  • OmniCoin
  • BanknoteBank

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

For the past year or two, yes - they pretty much revamped it as a sort of slabbed coin valuation cat. It's practically unusable for any modern circulation coin.

Thanks for the updated info. I don't actively collect Canadian but I'll hold onto my old Chilton forever -- it's an autographed hardbound edition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users