• Four
    • Five
    • Way More

Speaking just for myself:

Coin People

Coin Talk

Rec.Collecting.Coins (and Paper-Money)

Moneta-L (rarely)

I think that Peter Davis and Stujoe compete head to head but that the differences, small as they are, having nothing to do with either of them. Both websites change as the interests of the changing populations of posters change. So, they have grown over the last two years and I go back and forth with more or fewer posts here or there.

RCC I have serious problems with because it is unmoderated. Of course, that is also its strength.

For all of my interests in ancients, I have less desire to chat with others about that, so I do not go to Moneta-L that often. Ancients is a very subdivided field. With US, you can have Buffalo Nickels and Morgan Dollars and Colonial Paper and it all kind of ties in together, but with ancients, it seems that we all tend to focus narrowly on what are really different times, and places, and peoples.

Hmm let me see;

Coinpeople

Collector's Universe

Coin Community

Cointalk

Predecimal

But i'm also on several yahoo groups too;

English hammered coins

plus some non coin related ones ranging from religion, railways to politics.

Somehow i still find time to do everything else as well...

As for RCC well i stopped reading that group (and the other four google groups i used to read) due to having enough on as it was. You could say i over stretched myself a little. :ninja:

I left CU about 2 1/2 years ago because it just didn't suit me anymore*. Since then, I was at another site until it went down, and now I spend 98% of my time here. (The 2% is occasionally checking in at CU)

*Too many upper-end collectors and slabbers (especially) made it lose most of its appeal to me- the world coin forums used to have alot of regular chit-chat about topics relevant to everyday junkbox stuff.

*Too many upper-end collectors and slabbers (especially) made it lose most of its appeal to me- the world coin forums used to have alot of regular chit-chat about topics relevant to everyday junkbox stuff.

This slab crazed, grade obsession is perculating into the darkside of CU more and more too and it's mightily annoying to say the least. Although i didn't let that one go uncommented upon. Imagine the faces of the readers on the CU US coin forum when they open up a whole thread devoted to cracking open slabs and how raw coins were the 'correct way to go', bearing in mind the biggest irony was that i'd not only posted that in the liteside but i'd also had the audacity to post it on a forum run by a slabbing company too. Still it gave them a taste of their own medicine, i got fed up of reading posts in the darkside about how all coins should be slabbed (and how i was wrong), so i turned the tables on them. T'was fun too... :ninja:

Not surprisingly i've been here more of late!

For me the majority of posts are at CoinPeople -- and there haven't been many of those recently.

I also checkin at The Fly-In Club Forum, PreDecimal, CoinTalk and very rarely Coppercoins.

I read the yahoo group for Early American Coppers but have only posted there two or three times.

Guest Stujoe

CP, of course. CoinCommunity is second. From there, I pretty much just lurk the rest of the forums with an ever so occasional post on the ones I can log into. I do at least skim about every, major coin forum out there at least a couple of times a week, some of them, like CoinTalk and RCC, I skim daily.

I'm mostly on this forum, however, since I do try to get the most information on stocks I go here.

http://www.ragingbull.lycos.com/cgi-bin/st...txt&d=mainpages

I studied up on the stock that originally got me into the trading and investments. I quickly sold after it was such a lemon. Good news is I didn't lose any money on the stock.

Voted "3" considering my recent posting activity. I have written in ten coin forums or so, but including places where I post one message or two per year does not make much sense. For me it's mostly coinpeople.com, muenzen.net (German), and cointalk.org ... oh, and rcc. Dang, that's four :-)

Christian

Collector's Universe - mostly.

Coinpeople - Second most.

Coin Community - Occasionally.

Cointalk - Occasionally.

Toned Coin Collectors - Occasionally.

SMS's site - But it's no longer there.

... and I really wish I had a "real" life :ninja:

Makes sense to me. A lurker may well participate in such a poll - and yet never write a message ;-)

Christian

I just went an reread that line, it says POST and not PARTICIPATE (I'm afraid i often substitute one word for another without realising it, i'm sure i'm dyslexic you know).

I've got to confess though i honestly can't do 'lurker' i've tried but you guys know me i've got an opinion on everything and i've just got to throw my two pennies into the area... it'd drive me mad not being able to chip in.

I've got to confess though i honestly can't do 'lurker' i've tried but you guys know me i've got an opinion on everything and i've just got to throw my two pennies into the area...

Same here. If I "use" a forum merely because I need/want the information from some discussion, continuing to be a lurker is easy for me. But if there are a few other topics that I find interesting, that gets much harder :-)

Christian

hm... Here, and CU. i also bother the people at numismatikform.de but since I can read German but not write it it's nice of them not to express their opinions about me openly! :ninja:

I had a few months off working on writing programs that could collect prices. Anyway I post

Here now

rec.collecting.coins

Moneta-L

Sasan-L

I also read ACFDL-L and Parthia-L but I don't post much there

Archived