CoinPeople.com

My completed Lincoln Memorial collection

corkykile

Okay all you really bright coinpeople... got some questions for you all.

I want to post pictures of my completed Lincoln memorial album pages.

What I need to know is, where on this forum would the appropriate place to do so?

And, what do I need to do as far as the size of file and such so that I can show the pages

as they are in the album?

Keep in mind that whenever I post a picture of coins I want to share or brag about

it is only by accident that I get an appropriate size for the site.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for resizing of the high resolution digital pictures I take

of my special coins.

Any help at all with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corky

Okay all you really bright coinpeople... got some questions for you all.

I want to post pictures of my completed Lincoln memorial album pages.

What I need to know is, where on this forum would the appropriate place to do so?

And, what do I need to do as far as the size of file and such so that I can show the pages

as they are in the album?

Keep in mind that whenever I post a picture of coins I want to share or brag about

it is only by accident that I get an appropriate size for the site.

I use Paint Shop Pro 7 for resizing of the high resolution digital pictures I take

of my special coins.

Any help at all with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corky

No one wants to answer these Qs for you, Corky! I know you've been patient and waiting but I don't know where is best. I guess the virtual museum is my vote, but I'm not an admin or an 05'er. Good luck!

Save your pics to an easy to find spot in there own file. Your desktop would work fine.

Then when you go to post, click on browse under manage atachments. A new windo will pop up. Find your file on the new windo. click ok on the windo.

The little fill in line under manage atachments will be full of text. The fourm will tell you that you can now upload your copy of the pics. Hit the down arrow next to the text box, and hit put in reply. A line of text will now appear where your curser is.

((( A line of text will now appear where your curser is.)))

Hey Youngun,

You make it sound so simple.

I have taken pictures but realized I did something wrong with them and need to retake in proper order.

This time I am taking the pages out and displaying them separately, then see how they turn out.

After that I will use Paint Shop Pro 7 to crop and reduce the pics and post one page at a time.

I had pretty much decided to post them here in the museum. If I do it and I am not suppose to

then someone will surely let me know.

So... will get around to redoing the pics and try to get them up soon.

Thanks,

Corky

(((virtual museum is my vote, but I'm not an admin or an 05'er. Good luck!)))

I think that is what I will do, after all, if they don't want me to do it then they can just delete them.

It won't hurt my feelings if they do.

Thanks for trying to help. I need to retake the pics because somehow between taking the shots and

putting them on the computer the fronts and backs of the pages got out of order. I now think I can

control that a bit better.

It will take a little time, but I will be back...

Thanks,

Corky

I read this post days ago and didn't have a quick answer. Never got back to it...sorry.

I guess the VCM would be ok for your page pics. Most people put their collections on Omnicoin but that would be alot of time and work.

The VCM needs some work as Stujoe tried to import the old posts from the old CP and they came up scrambled with the new software. :ninja:

Thanks Dock.

After posting I realized my pictures got scrambled... back to front, etc., and I need to determine an appropriate size for viewing and transmitting the same. I hope my hubby can help me with the second part because the more I learn about Paint Shop, the less I know how to do anything.

After company gets here and leaves I might have enough time to actually do something.

Be back soon as possible.

corky

Guest Sasquatch
The VCM needs some work as Stujoe tried to import the old posts from the old CP and they came up scrambled with the new software. :ninja:

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on fixing that. My bad, but I just don't have the time nor any motivation at all to do it. If anyone wants to replace the photos in the articles, it doesn't matter to me at all.

If you can find the photos on the old TheStujoeCollection.net site, you can use any of the photos I have taken if you want. If the photos on there were taken by anyone other than myself, you should seek their permission first, though. I have emails allowing me to use them on my site but I don't have permission for anyone else to use them on their site (ie: limited use rights). In addition, some of them require specific web links, etc in order to be used. They should mostly be labeled on my site as to who took them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Congrat's on the finishing and the starting...LoL

I had a pretty nice one started..well of error coin's that is ,hours on top of hour's of flatbed scanning one by one and just in the perfect order..and Bam ,woke up to the blue screen of Death one morning and lost everything I had done ;) ,plus 100$ to fix it!!!!Now I can't restart it for some silly reason! Out of Gas! :ninja:

• 8 years later...