Stop #10- UncleBobo and NYC

UncleBobo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I am sending libby out this week.

I am sorry she didn't have the time in the New York City that I wanted her to have.

Things haven't been going too well for me since I moved here in May because I haven't landed a full time job yet. I spend the majority of my daylight time trying to find a job, or working a temp job, or interviewing for jobs that I don't get or just being depressed about this whole mess. I am just glad my wife is working or we would be up the creek.

I will be posting the last of my libby pictures in the next few days, some of which involve large balloons, large statues from France and one of our Founding Fathers.

I wanted to do so much more with libby. I feel like I've been a bad host. She tells me she has enjoyed my pocket, she has a thing for blue jeans, and she can't wait to meet Andy and his family!!

My jury duty was in Bergen County NJ. But, I live in NYC you're probably saying to yourselves. Well, all I have to say about that is... :ninja:

Since no cameras are allowed into the Bergen County Court House all the pictures are taken in the surrounding area . Like this one in my car.

Libbythejuror.jpg

Hackensack, the city where the courthouse is located, is known usually in popular culture as a punchline to a joke. In the first Superman movie Lex Luthor hijacked two nuclear missles, one he needed and one he didn't. He planned to use the extra missle to destroy Hackensack, home of Miss Teschmacher's mother.

In the song Movin' Out Billy Joel sings, "Who needs a house out in Hackensack, is that all you get for your money?"

Well, Hackensack did play a part in the American Revolution, as witnessed by this sign right across from the Courthouse.

Libbythejurorthegreen.jpg

Apparantly, things didn't go to well for Washington and his army in Hackensack, judging by this sign further up the road.

Libbythejurorretreat.jpg

Actually, all these events are tied to the British driving the Continental Army out of NYC. It was the start of the British chasing the Continental Army throughout New Jersey which ended with Washington crossing the Delaware River. He would make a return trip a few months later.... :ninja:

Washington_Crossing_the_Delaware.png

LibbythejurorchurchI.jpg

Libby looks much better than that varkenleeuw (which is the Dutch word for a cross between a pig and a lion :ninja: ). Hope she did a good job as a juror. Thanks for taking her around - and us with her, so to say ...

Christian

Things have been nuts here with the job searching and temp working and Chirstmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice preparations so I've been slow getting my pics up. These are the last set of pictures I will post, I promise.

First, We have Libby posing with a victim of gun violence. :ninja:

libbyalexanderh.jpg

Archived