CoinPeople.com

U.S. Army Pogs website.

Guest Aidan Work

Guest Aidan Work

Here's a link; http://www.aafespogs.com .Some of these are listed in the Pick catalogue as banknotes after the U.S. Military Payment Certificates. These pogs are substitutes for coins,& are being used in U.S. military clubs & canteens.There is some interest from collectors of the U.S. M.P.C. banknotes.

Aidan.

Heheh...yeah, the whole purpose of the pogs was to save on shipping costs on getting coins down here. Same reason why pennies aren't used on overseas bases. So for Iraq/Kuwait/Afghanistan...thin, light, plastic pogs was the solution they came up with. I think some of the designs are pretty cool, but I hate using them personally. Actually, a lot of people I know hate using them!

AAFES sometimes won't take damaged pogs, they won't take large quantities of them at the same time, and the post office won't accept them at all. The payment of choice around here is either credit/debit cards or "Eagle Cash" rechargeable payment cards. No loose change to worry about!

A lot of pogs end up being hoarded, then turned in for cash at Finance at the end of the deployment. Also, they're pretty handy for tipping the baristas at the Green Bean Coffee (AAFES Starbuckish joint).

Yeah, the Pogs are neat from a coin collector standpoint but I hated using them. I always just threw them in the wall locker and eventually brang them home. :ninja: I have a number of them.

Some just hoarded them and bundled them all up and sent them to someone who cares :ninja: Thanks SM_98

my pleasure. ;)

it took a little while to send them to you though...partly to get them, partly to check for dupes, and partly because i sent them out only to have it returned to me because it was too thick and they wanted a customs form! ;)

• 8 years later...

LAdies/Gentleman,

First and foremost, I am new to the site and apologize if I am violating policy. Seems as if the last time any one spoke of POGS was a century ago. Is there any one here that Collects the Pogs or has some that they would like to get rid of ???

Please let me know .... Tracy

• 2 years later...

POGS POGS POGS .... They have created some interest in the Numismatists world. if anyone reading this has interest, please dont hesitate to contact me. over 497 different POGS ..

Tracy

• 1 year later...

AAFES POGS are alive and well. Due to the population growing in the contingency areas , ie Iraq , Afghanistan, Kuwait, Jordan , Aafes developed a new series of AAFES pogs dated 1017. If you have any interest in the AAFES Pogs, please dont hesitate to PM me ...  Thanks for the read.  2nd printing 5 cents complete.jpgAafes Pogs16th Printing 5c 2017.jpg16th Printing 10c 2017.jpg

16 th Printing AAFES POGS 25c.jpg

Sorry for the typo on the previous post.  That date should have read November 2017 .. These and the majority of the older versions are also listed on Ebay.

• 10 months later...

ALL AAFES POGS /MPC's Collectors ..  I have several thousands of POGS Available for Trade ... Most of my POGS are Circulated, very lightly used, I have completed my 3 sets for my daughters and have also helped other folks interested in the pogs complete theirs. Let 2020 be the Year you finish yours.

There are 533 different Pogs produced as of the 2017 last printing.

Although AAFES officials say they never intended for the pogs to become a collectors item, that is exactly what has happened. Servicemembers as well as Civilians working in the contingency area are saving the cardboard circles as souvenirs of their tours of duty or as additions to their personal collections of military memorabilia.

AAFES POGS UPDATE>> Nov 2017 AAFES released a new printing , the 16th printing dated 2017. These Pogs are already showing up in the secondary market as of Nov 2017:

1. One complete set of 533 Pogs >>> Face Value  $ 75.05

2. There are 34 OIF Pogs, 33 OEF Pogs and 2 OND Pogs

3. The 11th Printing has the most Pogs >  39 

4. The 8th and 12th Printing have the least Pogs> 26

5. Three Printings Have no Nickels >> 8th,12th, and 13th.

FOR Sale or Trade>> I have 3004 nickels .... 3011  dimes ... 3309  Quarters ...   PM me with your needs and lets get those sets complete !!  Over 9300 spare Pogs.

11 Aafes Pogs16th Printing 5c 2017.jpg

Edited by armysgti
Correct total