CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Got some Colombian notes lately, and I have to say that the more I look at them the more I like them. While at first they seem somewhat muted in colors and rather bland overall, there are hidden gems inside. I've attached a scan of just one of these, with some hidden text, hidden animals, and great security features. With so many of the newer notes having what looks like bad photoshop renderings of pictures into engravings, it is nice to see some these with real engraving artwork, melding the trees, the animals and water with different styles.

2n8x7it.jpg

What a very lovely note. I see a snake, a turtle, a fish, a porpoise, an alligator, and a couple of other creatures I can't identify.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like MMMM I have just received the pretty cool Armenian Noah's Ark commemorative note. A must have for MMMM! :D 

Untitled-_True_Color-01.jpg

I also have an Azerbaijan 1 Manat featuring musical instruments. I will try to put up the link to my website with these instruments as well later this weekend. 

Untitled-_True_Color-02.jpg

Reddit? I'm not sure that's very active for this... I went dormant wrt my collections for a long while but I'm preparing to return. Probably fewer coins, more notes and literature. I wasn't a very organized collector but maybe that will change now... 

I have two problems:

1) I only buy new stuff once a year (if that). Sadly, I haven't found any good coin stores in the Washington D.C. area - surprising given the history and the money (in all uses of the word) here. Moreover, when the Baltimore Coin Show is going on, I seem to always be busy that one weekend - even when I plan on going!!

2) When I do buy something, I forget to document it for this site. I intend to, but never get around to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice notes, is it not odd that we seem to collect always collect extra notes that we are not looking for.

These are the new Mauritania, I am kind of disappointed in the sub-strait, the paper just does not have the texture of the old.  Too bad.

947731B.jpg

947731A.jpg

947730B.jpg

947730A.jpg

947729B.jpg

947729A.jpg