CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

Guest Aidan Work

Recently,I bought 3 very nice notes from a certain member from Minnesota,Alex (Friedman);]

Bahamas 2001 $1.

Bahamas 2002 $1.

Singapore 1990 $2.

I received in the mail this morning a 50p. British postal order issued on the 4th of April 2005 in Cyprus here; 'UN NICOSIA BFPO 567. 04 AP 05'.This is interesting as it is a Field Post Office issue.This is a remainder issue,because the regulations on the back include the following clause 'This Order is issued in accordance with the relevant Scheme or Schemes under Section 28 of The Post Office Act 1969.' This Act has since been repealed & replaced with a new Act in 2000.I'll get more information later.

If you have bought anything in the banknote line,could you please leave a posting (including photos,if possible).

Aidan.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I got today from a thrift store here, will post pictures soon as I can if anyone is interested.

1967 one peso Bank of Mexico

1968 one dollar Bahamas Monetary Authority (2 of them)

1990 one dollar Bank of Jamaica

1992 two dollars Bank of Jamaica

1991 five dollars Bank of Jamaica (2 of them)

So now someone please tell me what is the most I should have paid because I don't know anything about this currency, they looked nice and I bought them. I will blame all who have posted such nice pics of bank notes and forced me into addiction! :ninja:;)

Oh also, I got a fair amount of money from my dad and spent it on these! (Too many pics to post in one post...watch the next few)

NorwayP30a-5Kroner-1960-donatedms_f.jpg

NorwayP33b-100Kroner-1956-donated_f.jpg

NorwayP37d-50Kroner-1979-donated_f.jpg

NorwayP38e-100Kroner-1977-donated_f.jpg

NorwayP40c-1000Kroner-1987-donated_f.jpg

Oh andI got a scanner so as soon as I have time you'll be able to actually to see my notes as opposed to the barrowed scans.

Guest Aidan Work

Alex,I know these are from Jordan.When were these issued? The AH & AD dates are there somewhere.

I picked up a plastic 1 Pound note from the Isle of Man last weekend.I knew that it was the Plastic Pound,as it is the only green coloured one.All

the others are purple.

Aidan.

Hey...told you these were barrowed scans! My actual notes dont have any crinkles really either. Except MAYBE the 1950s 100 Kroner (The one that looks like a giant postage stamp.) but even there it just looks more aged then circulated a whole lot.

Friedman:

That is really nice and impressive banknotes! :ninja: Are you a specialized Norweigan collector? Only a 1000 norweigan crowns bank note have about the face value as a 100 and a 50 USD bill, and the collector value are much higher especially if unc.

Today I got in the mail a Macau 50patacas 1981 (presidente signature), Macau 10patacas 1995 Bank of China (in collection because of a AA prefix) and a Portugal 1982 26/10 1000 Escudos banknote.

Joakim