• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Gift from across the pond! :ninja:

You're across the pond, too... :lol:

Glad they arrived, enjoy them, if you look for some other German "Kaiserreich" (~ German Empire) pm me, there are very nice silver coins too.. just take a look into my Omnicoin.

Marvin

So many wonderful colors and designs. You must sure love your Marks. Really don't see many of those at local shows or shops. I like them.

I'm about 1/4 Austrian so German money not only really interests me, it also has something to do with my families heritage. The designs on these note, for the most part are just wonderful, I have to say I really enjoy looking at them, I am thinking of framing some too.

Also (Burks, you can appreciate this) I am in college and have little money to spend on coins right now, and it just so happens that most of these cost me around a dollar, some less, the most was maybe 2 dollars. So having something as nifty as these, at these prices, sure makes it nice!

I understand that one!

A huge percentage of my family is German. I can trace my dad's family directly back to Germany and almost all of my mom's side as well. Just even better that German coinage/notes really attracts me too!

Some new note purchases.....lots of 300 russian notes, 100 zambian notes, 100 korean notes. I got the russian stuff for like $0.08 each note, and the zambian and korean for $0.23 each note. So like 6-8 for Russian and roughly $23.00 for the others. It's over the exchange rates, but I just love buying nice notes in bulk! When I get more money, expect about 400-1200 more lol. :ninja:

2vl4k6x.jpg

On a side note, if anyone knows their Russian notes, can you tell me anything about these? I think they have something to do with a pyramid scheme in Russia and weren't actually meant for general use, but that could have been others, I dno. I got them because I like Russian stuff, and it was cheap! ;)

473reqe.jpg

2eg772w.jpg

35jhvk4.jpg

Wow, so you're wallpapering a room in the theme of banknotes eh? :ninja:

Nice actually, one fun thing you can do is give a friend a 10,000 (rouble?) note and watch their eyes...

Hi!

Oh, very nice banknotes :ninja:

Thanks Marvin, I'm actually bidding on some more russian notes as we speak! ;) Also, do you know a place that has cheaply priced german currency from pre WWII? Especially the series 1910 mark notes I think they are beauties ;)

Also, do you know a place that has cheaply priced german currency from pre WWII? Especially the series 1910 mark notes I think they are beauties ;)

Not really, but if you want I can take a look at the local antique shops (I hope it's the right word). Just give me some time to visit all of them, because they're all in other parts of the town. By the way, my father has got some more banknotes from the Weimar Republic, but I don't know what he wants for them.

I scanned them, but I can't add those here. Send me your Emailadress and I will send you them :ninja:

Marvin

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I've updated this!

Lets see here, I got all kinds of stuff, I'll have to take some pics tonight.

Anyway, for xmas I got 2 old newspapers from 1820 and 1863, a russian coin set, last of the cccp, a few rolls of unc jeffies from the 70's, and an unc roll of 56 (I think lol) wheaties. I got 2 nice new mexican notes, a 100 peso, and the new polymer 50 peso notes from a friend who went there. I got more german notes, another set of notes that includes the envelope from 1923 too! All kinds of stuff, pictures comin soon!