CoinPeople.com

Edge Reeding Missing - 2016 Liberty Dime

Can anyone explain as to why the 2016 Liberty dime has no edge grooves as the ‘edge reeding is missing ? The torch ‘top’ and flower to the right are flat. Two coins shown , one normal and the other displays irregularities. Any that may wish to provide an opinion is appreciated.

001 AAA - Copy.JPG

Hard to tell from the photos but most likely die wear on the torch. Edge reeding missing could be an interesting error.

Thank you very much Art. I've provide an additional photo for you to view. Actually, the 'reeding' is intact but the rim or edge is flat, along with the torch. Contingent upon that, would this be considered an 'error' coin? I see you're from Florida as well. A reply is appreciated.

Excel 2 (A) - Copy.JPG

Thank you very much. Due to the lengthy amount of time to receive or send information I'll most likely move away from this forum. Apparently, I've been "placed on moderator queue" over an issue of five years ago. The moderator 'only' provided a partial synopsis to the end of the thread, not showing the full content. In this respect, there is no way to determine the significance of the dialogue. irrespective of the aforesaid, thank you for the input you provided.