CoinPeople.com

Digging through the 50% off box @ the LCS last visit, Part 2

while going thru the 50% off bin This week I came a cross some more interesting items.
FullSizeRender%2031.jpg
FullSizeRender%2048.jpg
Don't think it is still in the stated condition with the surface patina, spots etc. But kt is the first graded piece I own :clown2:
FullSizeRender%2079.jpg
FullSizeRender%2028.jpg
one of the Sterling postage stamp series

Very nice. A Masonic token. There's a fellow in the club here who has a huge collection of these. That looks like a very nice piece. Love the square Lincoln piece and it's sterling too. Great find.

FullSizeRender%2054_1.jpg
FullSizeRender%2030.jpg
This one has a local history tie in and famous person pre TV/internet days. The Father was a very famous radio priest and if not controversial too. Back in most's grandparents day. I was pleased to find it and add it to the local to me city collection.
FullSizeRender%20105.jpg
FullSizeRender%2051_1.jpg
one further away from home but still a nice pick up.

If you look on the reverse side in the lower part of the shield you will see the word copy.it was in a larger flip, with a short description on the back Iit is called the 1861 Confederate half dollar tribute. 500 original coins were procured from the NOL mint the reverse were pland smooth and the CSA back was stamped. Since the CSA didn't have much bullion. The LCS couldn't sell it for $2.00 and it was priced slashed to $1.00. I believe that I may have another one from an earlier bargain buy.

A couple more medals

FullSizeRender%2091.jpg

FullSizeRender%2090.jpg

I think this costume jewelry piece is from the 70s or 80s.

Like many costume jewelry pieces, one side is a copy of an actual coin (in this case, a Panamanian balboa), and the other side is made up. I suspect this may be so to minimize legal issues.

That is an interesting combination of businesses. So day labor and then lose your earnings right at the labor office. :grin:

Very nice. There must be a zillion of those Canadian Bank Tokens. They must have made them in just huge quantities.

Yep and they must have minted them all with the same year! this is about the third or fourth one I have picked up and they do keep getting better and better. should be finding a mint one soon :clown2:

Very nice. There must be a zillion of those Canadian Bank Tokens. They must have made them in just huge quantities.

Here are 3 that you never know what you find.
I was told that these 3 following were from a country in Africa. Since I have even less interest in collecting foreign coins, then I do US coins. I never bothered to pick one up and look at one.
At the end of the time sorting in the bin I picked one up and looked at one and read the inscription. It said Mardi Gras so I fished the other two out and added them to the pile.
FullSizeRender%2041.jpg
FullSizeRender%2047.jpg
FullSizeRender%2056.jpg
FullSizeRender%2037.jpg
FullSizeRender%2092.jpg
FullSizeRender%2026_1.jpg
Nice heavy bronze alloy, in bright and antique patina from the 60's The help asked if I was branching out into world coins?

Nice finds. I like them and they certainly fit beautifully with your other Mardi Gras tokens.