CoinPeople.com

Krause Errors

pelxy2

Is anyone aware of any asw or agw irregularities in the 2015 1901-2000 42nd edtion?
I have a 2013 guide and the gold and silver weights are different.

For example the 2013 guide has a agw for a 1908 French 20 Franc as .1867 but the 2015 has it as .1855.
Canadian silver is also lower in the new guide.

Comment from Amazon:

"This edition of the Standard Catalog of World Coins has an acknowledged error by the publisher for actual silver and gold weights of coins. Unless you want to compute your own ASW and AGW I do not recommend purchasing this particular edition. If you already own this edition you may want to request a refund."

This is already causing problems, I recently tried to sell a Dutch and a French gold coin and the dealer wanted to use the weights from the new guide.

I don't know about the current guide; I picked up an edition of the guide to fantasy issues and unusual world coins and it was absolutely riddled with typos (including HTML markup), so I'm not a huge fan of the Krause guides as anything more than a checklist and general guide.

How are they up to the 42nd edition already? I have the 10th edition for 1901-2000 and that was only in 2003.

I don't know about the current guide; I picked up an edition of the guide to fantasy issues and unusual world coins and it was absolutely riddled with typos (including HTML markup), so I'm not a huge fan of the Krause guides as anything more than a checklist and general guide.

How are they up to the 42nd edition already? I have the 10th edition for 1901-2000 and that was only in 2003.

I think you mean the 2016 2001 to Date book that's the 10th Edition, for 1901 2000, 2003 would be 31/32.

And yes this edition has errors, some countries were skipped all together.

I think you mean the 2016 2001 to Date book that's the 10th Edition, for 1901 2000, 2003 would be 31/32.

And yes this edition has errors, some countries were skipped all together.

No, it's definitely 20th century issues (1901-2000), but the cover also definitely says 10th edition.

One more Krause error...