CoinPeople.com

Favorite Coin Buying Sites? US & World

Burks

I know this is the US forum but it also gets the most traffic.

What sites do you prefer to buy from? Can be auction, forum, or dealer related.

I've mainly stuck to here, Collectors Universe (PCGS), and eBay. The reason I'm asking is I'm always looking for a good deal and more exposure to coins, especially world. It's just so hard to find a forum that deals a LOT in world coins. I prefer forum related sites just because you can wheel and deal. It feels more "personal".

Most of my purchases these days come from ebay. There are a few dealers that I like to deal with but have found that their ebay offerings are better than their online sites, especially as far as shipping fees are concerned. I don't do much with World coins so I don't have anything of value to add there. Good luck with your search and please share what you find with us.

I don't do much online buying expect when I'm really "in the mood" to get a certain piece, but in the past, I've found that many ebay sellers that operate standalone sites or mail order will send you an invite.

eBay, my LCS, and the state coin show in September pretty much take care of my needs. Major purchases, I prefer to do in person. I would be highly unlikely to spend more than ten dollars a throw at an eBay coin--I mainly use it for world coin purchases, and almost all of those are circulated. My Jeffs, I need to see them in person before I spend money on them.

Ooly at coin shows. And by me I'm on the lucky side. We have 4 coin shows a Month and all withing about 15 miles of me.

Just could never see buying from ebay and going tthrough the lost in mail, wrong coins sent, pay extra for postage, handling, insurances, paypal costs, ebay costs and on and on with extra costs. At a coin show, you get what you see and get it now.

Ooly at coin shows. And by me I'm on the lucky side. We have 4 coin shows a Month and all withing about 15 miles of me.

Just could never see buying from ebay and going tthrough the lost in mail, wrong coins sent, pay extra for postage, handling, insurances, paypal costs, ebay costs and on and on with extra costs. At a coin show, you get what you see and get it now.

I wish I was that lucky! Closest "coin" show is the local monthly flea market. Basically overpriced junk. Nothing special. I loved when I lived in Toledo because they had a monthly REAL coin show. Mostly bullion stuff but a few dealers had some true quality stuff. Prices were average, nothing Earth shattering.

Closest real show to me in Columbus, a 1.5 hour drive since it's on the other side of the city. Not bad but not something I'm going to every month. I'm planning on making it next month but who knows with work.

I wish I was that lucky! Closest "coin" show is the local monthly flea market. Basically overpriced junk. Nothing special. I loved when I lived in Toledo because they had a monthly REAL coin show. Mostly bullion stuff but a few dealers had some true quality stuff. Prices were average, nothing Earth shattering.

Closest real show to me in Columbus, a 1.5 hour drive since it's on the other side of the city. Not bad but not something I'm going to every month. I'm planning on making it next month but who knows with work.

Ooo, I remember those coin shows in Toledo, when I lived there! Although I got hooked on coins by a dealer at the weekly flea market we set up for in Perrysburg in the early/mid 1970s. A happy way to spend a Sunday morning, that was. :)

Haven't been to the Columbus shows because not only do I not have a car and it's not easily accessible by bus, but it's on Sunday and I work on weekends. If I didn't have to get to work, I'd make the effort to get out there some Sunday.

There are supposedly some dealers at flea markets in the area but I've never gone to their booths, in fact, I've never gone to the flea markets. Such is my life.

I've gotten almost all of my recent stuff from ebay. One of the dealers that I like has deals on ebay with free shipping and the same prices as their catalog. The minimum shipping from the catalog purchases is $4.95 so I do to ebay.