CoinPeople.com

PCI2013 Categories and Rules

Art1.2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok. I guess I thought I saw them greyed out til Wed or Thurs but it could be a bad memory!

They were set to automatically allow entry starting on April 11 -- Thursday. That way the threads all become available at the same time.

Last day to vote and comment on Round 2. Please give it a shot. Lots of great entries and a bunch of hard work by your fellow CPeeps to prepare and photograph these beauties.

So Round 2 is over. I'll start to prepare Round 3 shortly. Thanks to all the contributors and voters. Keep an eye out for more exciting competitions in PCI2013.

Round 3 polls are being put up now. Voting is open and will end 4/22/2013. Have fun and don't forget, comments help to make the contest more interesting and exciting for everyone.

Round 3 voting ends tonight. Don't miss your chance to select the contestants for the next round.

Round 3 voting is closed. The winners will be announced shortly. I was thinking of making a Winners Thread for each round so folks won't have to go through each poll to see who won. Any thoughts on this?

Voting has begun in the Wrapup round for each metals category. Voting is open and will finish on 29Apr2013. So go and pick your favorites.

voted. it's getting tough now...

It is tough. The choices are so wonderful. Great coins facing off against great coins. WOW!

hard? my best chances of winning are all coppers facing each other :(, still where else can you vote for a coin where there is one single known example.

Absolutely in synch with your feelings on this. Wish there were more contestants so you wouldn't have to face yourself so often.

Don't forget voting is open for the Wrapup Round on metals. After this we'll start the metals vs metals (silver vs copper) type voting. Here's your chance to make sure that your favorite coin makes it through this difficult part of the contest.

Voting ends tomorrow - Monday 4/29/2013 - on the Metals Wrapup Round. SO don't miss your chance go vote. There are a lot of really great coins waiting for your input on who moves on from here.

Those are some brutal votes out there. The only way I've found to decide is to figure out which one I want most in my collection -- or if one of mine is involved, if I'd be willing to trade it for the other. Even then, it's not easy!

sometimes it seems a bit silly though, US coins seem to be voted for over nicer things it seems sometimes.

I couldn't debate that with you. I tend to go to US coins first because of my long history of collecting and admiring them. Canadian, especially Large Cents, Cents and Nickels, grab my eye and attention far faster than any other "world" coins. Again, I started collecting Canadian when I was quite young and they were easy to get (lived in NYC) at face value or near face for Large Cents. It may be unfair but I'm assuming that others have similar predispositions based upon their collecting and residence history.

I think most people do vote for the "more interesting" thing. It's just that what I find more interesting, you may not and vice versa.

PCI2013 Other Base Metals category has ended in a tie causing the need for a runoff. Voting is available now and will continue through Monday 6May2013. This is to insure that everyone, including folks who may only visit over the weekend, has a chance to vote.

Don't forget the Runoff in Other Base Metals is still open for voting. Don't miss your chance to help send a great coin to the Winner slot. Voting ends tonight.