CoinPeople.com

Share a penny

ras

I have a middling collection of American coins but full red wheats have been a longterm weakness!

Picked this one up on ebay a couple months ago for a couple bucks.

Ras

http://www.tantaluscoins.com/browse.php?type=8&uname=rasiel&qs=&sbt=0&sbc=0&go=Search

Nice! :bthumbsup:

Looks like a good photo ... nicely in focus, color is realistic-looking, good lighting. Since this sub-forum is mostly about coin photography, would you like to describe your setup?

(It's always amazing to me that some very good pictures can be taken using point-and-shoot cameras; I had a long time before I was able to use my Nikon D60 to take pictures that came anywhere near what I was able to shoot with my CoolPix.)

(It's always amazing to me that some very good pictures can be taken using point-and-shoot cameras; I had a long time before I was able to use my Nikon D60 to take pictures that came anywhere near what I was able to shoot with my CoolPix.)

I still use my old Coolpix 995 for hand-held close-up shots, a camera ahead of its time :bthumbsup: I have a newer Cannon SLR which I use for regular stuff & telephoto but I love the old Nikon for my medal shots.

Thanks for the compliments! For me displaying the collection was as much fun as the collecting itself so I put effort into imaging. I have an expensive setup (Nikon D700 & 60mm macro) but agree that one can get very serviceable photos using any ordinary camera. The lighting I would say is much more important than the electronics! A lot too depends on what the goal of the photograph is. You may, for example, want a different type of photo for a coin that you want to sell than one which you're trying to study or display in a collection.

Would be glad to help anyone get better pics or answer questions...

Ras

Archived