CoinPeople.com

Eid error acquisitions

roaddevil

As some of you might know (especially those who lived in the middle east) Eid is a 3 to 4 day celebration that takes place twice a year in the muslim calendar, once after the holy month of Ramadan and again after 70 or so days. During Eid people hand out money to kids, young relatives (young as in 21 and younger, but some choose to give money or as we call it "eidiya" to all their grandchildren/nephews/nieces no matter their age) and the poor. People also wear new cloths, visit relatives and friends, visit cemeteries to pay their respect to deceased relatives/friends etc. etc.

Generally during eid, kids wake up early in the morning and do the same thing as people in the west do during Halloween, but instead of monster costumes they were new cloths, and instead of candy they go door to door receiving money usually in the form of coins, for lunch they gather at a relative’s house, were they sit with family, play with their cousins and get more "eidya" from their grandparents, aunts, uncles, elder cousins, great uncles/aunts, etc. (families in the middle east are usually very close....2nd cousins are like 1st cousins, thus these gatherings tend to have a lot of people). The amount of "ediya" they get from their family depends on the level of society they are from, example in huge upper-middle or high class families the young ones get 90 to 130 BD ( $239.36 to $345.74) + what they got let’s say "trick or treating"

Anyway the coins these kids get accumulate and are a real pain for grocery stores (we call them cold store's) because they are flooded with coin's from kids who buy toys, snacks, candy, etc.

Today while taking my young cousins to a store I overheard the clerk talking about having too much coins and since being over 13 (I’m 19 currently) I stopped going "trick or treating" a long time ago...and missed hoarding all those coins (yes I'm a nasty hoarder...I like shiny coins :<) so I offered to buy 20BD worth of coins, Gave some to some random kids I saw and some to my small relatives.

Upon returning home (Just got back 3 hrs ago....at 2am or so....yea these family gatherings last that long :P, what can I say I have a lot of relatives) I inspected some of the coins and found 2 interesting ones.

Here's a 2 pic's of the coins + a normal coin, marking the errors (If someone would let me know what type of errors they are I'd appreciate it):

CopyofP1020139.jpg

P1020141.jpg

Over all it was a great day, my total earning's (less the amount I gave to kids and plus the amount of coins I had left over from the "purchase") was Bd112ish i.e. almost $300, Not as much as I used to get as a kid but the amount doesn't really matter tbh, I enjoyed catching up with my cousins, some of whom I haven't seen in a long time since they either live in the uk / us or australia or are currently studying in another country

DSC00001.jpg

The coins are most likely going into my "capsule" which will be opened hopefully when I'm 30. (Got 3 capsules.... they are slightly larger than soda cans... all filled with loose change)

P.s. Sorry for the long post, kinda got carried away :P Basiclly I just wanted to share some knowledge and at the same time ask if anyone can indentify the errors, I think I have a few similar errors in the smaller denominations in my collection of local coins, will have to check them when I'm free)

Archived