CoinPeople.com

The "I'm Bored" Contest

http://www.moneymuseum.com/moneymuseum/coins/search/coin1.jsp?i=1&m=220%2c219%2c218%2c217&c=&t=&p1=1029&p2=1851&pi=0&ps=10

Netherlands, Leyden Besieged by the Spaniards, 28 Stuivers 1574 (Emergency Issue)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.moneymuseum.com/moneymuseum/coins/search/coin1.jsp?i=1&m=220%2c219%2c218%2c217&c=&t=&p1=1029&p2=1851&pi=0&ps=10

Netherlands, Leyden Besieged by the Spaniards, 28 Stuivers 1574 (Emergency Issue)

We have a winner folks! Sorry about the hiatus, I don't advise ever working three jobs...ever. Anyway you guys know how I do. Everyone who made a guess should pm their addys and deadpoint being the winner obviously gets top prize....which is always secret until it arrives lol. Everyone else that I owned anything to will have theirs sent out with these packages so pm asap. I'll figure out a new version of the contest for next year, hopefully more will play then! :). Thanks to everyone that joined in!

PM sent! Thanks again, V! I always love this contest! Your fox contest, Doc's detecting contest (still haven't received my prize from the 2009 contest :P ), and the serial number contest are my three favorite on CP. Unfortunately, only yours has continued!

Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you like it. The one part of this hobby I enjoy most is sharing it with others and these contests give me an opportunity to do just that. I always try to keep the mix worthwhile and mixed well enough to show the versatility and opportunities available to us. Basically I only give what I'd enjoy winning myself. :)

V.... all I can say is WOW... and the following:

what an amazing package. I sat and stared at almost each one of those coins and notes! Many mean a lot to me (Mongolia, Bismarck, 1777, etc). I will definitely sit down during T-giv break and finally FINALLY make a set out of these.

Thank you so much for doing this! Pity to all the people who didn't want to participate for this gold mine!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the prizes. Like I said, I'd only give what I'd enjoy winning myself. I hope more play next year because the hunt is half the fun! At any rate I must admit I've hoarded more than I'll ever need or can fully enjoy so I wanted to pass some of it on to others in the hobby. The most amusing way for me to do this is with a bit of a competition; thus was born this "fox hunt" contest. Whether the prizes are what you collect or just oddities, they are awarded with the intent to boost the drive and enjoyment of numismatics as a whole. Enjoy everyone and I'll see you all back here again next year. :)

(not to mention I'll still be in the regular forums) :P

Archived