CoinPeople.com

Lithuanian UNC coins set giveaway

Thanks to BlackHawk who is giving away lots of coins to CP members. As one of the winners I'd like to make someone else happy too. So, I am giving away an uncirculated Lithuanian coins set to one of the members. Rules? Well, just say anything that comes into your mind when you think of Lithuania :ninja:

Winner will be announced in a week.

Set includes: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 centu, 1, 2 and 5 litas 2 and 5 litas are bimetallic!

coins.jpg

What do I think of when I think of Lithuania? Well when Lithuania was part of the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth they were the largest country in Europe until the 17th century. Unlike most countries that merged, the Polish Lithuanian commonwealth was actually successful which says volumes about the people from both countries. Combined they were a power to be reckoned with, the German states, Sweden, and Muscovy were much less powerful then.

The Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth also has the distinction of having created only the second verifiable constitution in the world, in 1791 - only the USA has an older constitution.

During 1989-1991 Lithuanians joined Latvians, and Estonians in peaceful protests against the USSR's occupation from 1940-1991 and succeeded in their drive for restoring their liberties and independence.

My best friend is Litvak; I'm Polish. We argue the hairsplitting details between Lithuanian and Polish versions of the same doggone food -- even when there really aren't any. :ninja:

The Lituanian Basketball National Team, always a great match against Spain!! Jasikevicius great lituanian player!!

And jerseys provided by the Grateful Dead!

Lithuania--expanding my daughter's interest in collecting world coins.

Thanks to BlackHawk who is giving away lots of coins to CP members. As one of the winners I'd like to make someone else happy too. So, I am giving away an uncirculated Lithuanian coins set to one of the members. Rules? Well, just say anything that comes into your mind when you think of Lithuania :ninja:

Winner will be announced in a week.

Set includes: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 centu, 1, 2 and 5 litas 2 and 5 litas are bimetallic!

coins.jpg

when i think of lithuania ithink of my mum best friend renna

• 2 weeks later...

I don't much care about the contest, but when I think of Lituania, I can't help but think of the Lithuanian rye bread that used to be made by the Baltic Bakery in Chicago. When I was growing up my dad used to bring home a loaf of it, with super dark outer crust and we'd slice it up and just eat it with butter...those were good times...

And the winner is - "spain number1"; just because he was the first to mention our second religion - basketball! I know it is a football fever now, but for us, Lithuanians, there is nothing more important, uniting and national than basketball..

So, congratulations spain number1 :ninja:

Archived