CoinPeople.com

Upcoming MAJOR OmniCoin and CoinPeople upgrades

akdrv

In the past few months I've been working on a complete rewrite of OmniCoin that will allow the site to grow further and add new features later on.

CoinPeople and BanknoteBank will also be upgraded and moved to a new server.

Here is the current upgrade schedule and related issues:

As of today (March 18th) OmniCoin is offline. New coins cannot be added and personal collection pages are not accessible.

Individual coin images (used in PCI etc., eg http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/977048.jpg) are still accessible and will stay this way during the upgrade.

In the next few days I will transfer the database and images to the new server and test the software. The new version should be online early next week.

It may not look very different at first, but it's completely new under the hood. :ninja:

All users will have to reset their passwords in order to access the new system.

CoinPeople will be upgraded next week. Software will be upgraded first, followed by a move to a new server.

This is a major forum software upgrade, so the forums will look a little different.

BanknoteBank will be upgraded next. All BanknoteBank users will have to reset passwords as well.

I will do my best to avoid any downtime during the upgrade, but if you find that the site is not accessible try again a little later. ;)

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to say thanks as well. This is the best site out there and we all appreciate the effort made to keep it going by Anton and the Mods - Anton, especially! Thanks for the hard work, dedication and thinking into the future for us!

:ninja:

That sounds great! Thanks for all your hard work I am looking forward to the new upgrade!

My only question surrounds passwords, I have them mostly set for my computer to remember them, so what if I can't remember them? Will you be able to reset them or will the password change mean they will already be set to temporary passwords?

The upgrade is done. :ninja:

Old passwords are no longer valid. To set a new password go to: http://www.omnicoin.com/security/users/forgot

and enter the email address registered with OmniCoin. You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the new version.

The change looks good, my material is there, the password reset doesn't seem to be working. I've requested the password change info several times and I get no response. Either it is extremely slow in generating an email or something isn't working.

The upgrade is done. :ninja:

Old passwords are no longer valid. To set a new password go to: http://www.omnicoin.com/security/users/forgot

and enter the email address registered with OmniCoin. You will receive an email with instructions to reset your password.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the new version.

Seem to be having difficulty uploading images to omnicoin (?). At first I thought it was the size limitations, but i've compressed the images down to 33k each and still no joy loading any of them. Something i'm doing wrong perhaps(?)

PS they are all .jpg's and they are not visible in omnicoin after upload/ before saving details.

Ian

Sweet -- I wasn't sure if the email was for real or not (I get *real* paranoid when it references a different website than the one I'd originally signed up with); now I know, and have reset and am good to go!

Thanks for the great site, too, while I'm thinking about it! :ninja:

Archived