CoinPeople.com

Renaissance of American Coinage 1916-1921

Ætheling

Whilst trawling through various internet sites gathering information on SLQs and Mercs, I've seen this book title turn up in a few places. So I did a search on Amazon.uk cheapest one was ₤84, so went to Amazon.com and saw it at $64, which is ALOT cheaper, but it's still a fair amount to spend on a book that I have no idea about.

I'm guessing a lot of its content is much like Cline's SLQ book, details of how these new coin designs came into being. From Roosevelt's initial move for a redesigned and reinvigorated coinage to represent modern America, through the competion stages into production and the reception?

So the question is, is it worth the money?

I don't know if it's worth the money or not. It has been recommended to me on a few occasions. AMOS sells the set of three for something like $90. I know the shipping would be high to get them to you but that seems like it would be a much much better deal. How much is International Flat Rate these days?

AMOS Advantage Site

You have to be a coinworld or whatever subscriber to get these prices. I'm sure we could work something out to get them to you. By the way -- go to page 19 in that Amos catalog.

The three books are really that good. Not necessarily sit down with a drink and read for the evening, but if you want to know the full background, development history, correspondence between the artists and the mint, catalog information and photos of all the known protypes and patterns, etc., then the three Renaissance volumes are for you.

The three books are really that good. Not necessarily sit down with a drink and read for the evening, but if you want to know the full background, development history, correspondence between the artists and the mint, catalog information and photos of all the known protypes and patterns, etc., then the three Renaissance volumes are for you.

Yep, that's exactly what i'm after, the full picture, politics and all. Definately got to get me a set of those.

Thanks Bill. :ninja:

Archived