CoinPeople.com

1810 copper 2 kopeks EM HM "Chicken type"

one-kuna

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very scarce! Out of 290 1810EM 2K, I've only seen 2 other examples, both in Russia.

Steve

Thank you for youR valuable stats. I saw one on FORUM Staraya moneta in museum display section, would you tell where was the other sample observed, thank you on advance :ninja:

Yes, but both are the 'new' crowns.

pls explain"new" - does it come from Adrianov catalog, thanks :ninja:

I do not have one. And I want it! I have been collecting these for a long time. I must have some 10 - 15 varieties of the eagle side. Congrats!

you are the one :ninja: who was catching me on 1810 chicken type with different crowns

last couple years, so recently Miss fortune desided to give it to me :yes:

one day your time comes too for 2 large crowns ;)

and now see my other large/standard variant

http://www.omnicoin.com/coin_view.aspx?id=974793

;);)

pls explain"new" - does it come from Adrianov catalog, thanks :ninja:

By 'new' crowns I meant the crowns that appear on the regular EM 2 kopeeks of 1810 and subsequent years, I am assuming that the crowns with the narrow base that usually appear on the 'chicken' or 'bee' type eagles are of a slightly earlier design. Compare the crowns on mine with this:

1810-26-1.jpg1810-26-2.jpg

P.S. Adrianov does list your coin and mine as a separate variants

By 'new' crowns I meant the crowns that appear on the regular EM 2 kopeeks of 1810 and subsequent years, I am assuming that the crowns with the narrow base that usually appear on the 'chicken' or 'bee' type eagles are of a slightly earlier design. Compare the crowns on mine with this:

P.S. Adrianov does list your coin and mine as a separate variants

Yes, your small/large crowns of chicken type are identical to the crowns of Monety i Medali with the subsequent (I call it latest ) eagle. Have you seen Staraya moneta museum page where Adrianov informs that he saw only ones yours and mine?

Now, I was wondering if you ever seen the one with two small crowns; I need that data so I know where to aspire to. Also waiting on Steve stats where did he see mine two large crowns as a second piece in Russia. Thank you everyone ! :ninja:

Yes, your small/large crowns of chicken type are identical to the crowns of Monety i Medali with the subsequent (I call it latest ) eagle. Have you seen Staraya moneta museum page where Adrianov informs that he saw only ones yours and mine?

Now, I was wondering if you ever seen the one with two small crowns; I need that data so I know where to aspire to. Also waiting on Steve stats where did he see mine two large crowns as a second piece in Russia. Thank you everyone ! :ninja:

Conros363 Lot 474, 15,300 RUB

Both look like the large crowns to me.

Steve

Conros363 Lot 474, 15,300 RUB

Both look like the large crowns to me.

Steve

Yes, they are two large crowns both sides, THANK YOU Steve for the images. ;);)

As a result, three only observed/found/posted/auctioned/known:

one is in US :yes: and two in Russia. ;)

My 2 kopeks I think has better condition of both crowns, in contrast Conros one's has better Arm and wings, but mine had also very clear wings details and excellent surface around the eagle...the one from Staraya moneta is the worst one, but rare anyway!

Waiting with inpatience for the next Steve research on Alexander I copper coinage (especially 1810) :ninja:

Yes, they are two large crowns both sides, THANK YOU Steve for the images. ;);)

As a result, three only observed/found/posted/auctioned/known:

one is in US :rofl: and two in Russia. ;)

My 2 kopeks I think has better condition of both crowns, in contrast Conros one's has better Arm and wings, but mine had also very clear wings details and excellent surface around the eagle...the one from Staraya moneta is the worst one, but rare anyway!

Waiting with inpatience for the next Steve research on Alexander I copper coinage (especially 1810) :ninja:

You're very welcome :yes:

If you want to do/publish your own research before my Alexender I studies are done I can send you a CD with the 1810EM 2K images.

Best,

Steve

Somebody posted this scan on one of the forums some time ago. Has all kinds of interesting variants:

Wow, yes I saw this picture,

if I am not mistaken,

the most left in the 4th row from the top is the one discussed in this topic !

and it has two large crowns, which brings total of 4 known, :ninja:;)

- the rest are just chiken farm besides other rare two pieces ;)

Thank you alexbq2

BTW, What you call "chicken type" in Russia these days identified using Ukrainian word 'bdjhilka" - "a bee" ;)

if bdzhilka - that is a big size mama ;)

do you know what they call another type which is TETEREV :ninja:

not rare type of 2 kopeks 1810 but in rare high condition brought 850 Euro :ninja:

http://www.numismatica.hu/cms/components/c...product/130.jpg

P.S. Saw the coin yesterday in person. It is very nice, -- much nicer than the photos. Does not look like it was dug up from the ground. The fields are amazing. Now I would not only buy the Conros piece, but this one as well. If ever offered to me, that is... :-)