CoinPeople.com

Bank Note/Coin Wiki

boydle

I have just finished getting the base of a new site up and going. It is a user editable site that allows users to add there own pages as well as contributing to the larger repository of bank notes and other collectables. I have seeded it with about 6000 bank notes. I will also replicate my collection of German Notgeld on to the site as i find the time. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions. Also i am looking for people who would like to take control over sections of the site that are not in my collections list. eg hammered coin, ancient coins, most world bank notes (by country i guess?). Please let me know if you are interested and i can set you up with administrative rights.

http://compasscollectables.com/wiki

I have just finished getting the base of a new site up and going. It is a user editable site that allows users to add there own pages as well as contributing to the larger repository of bank notes and other collectables. I have seeded it with about 6000 bank notes. I will also replicate my collection of German Notgeld on to the site as i find the time. I would appreciate any comments and suggestions. Also i am looking for people who would like to take control over sections of the site that are not in my collections list. eg hammered coin, ancient coins, most world bank notes (by country i guess?). Please let me know if you are interested and i can set you up with administrative rights.

Yes ! A very nice world notes collection.....and a very easy friendly user site. :ninja:;)

• 1 month later...

I know it is in a very early stage, and you probably have most of this under work as I write.

But may I suggest that you have a "how to page" for posting. showing how to post and well as things like file size and format for posted items.

Were you going to give a brief description of each authority? And will there be an area for description of security feature, size and color of the note, and a description area for front and back?

Thank you,

• 3 weeks later...
I know it is in a very early stage, and you probably have most of this under work as I write.

But may I suggest that you have a "how to page" for posting. showing how to post and well as things like file size and format for posted items.

Were you going to give a brief description of each authority? And will there be an area for description of security feature, size and color of the note, and a description area for front and back?

Thank you,

A how to is definitely needed I have started a new job and it has been talking up most of my time these last couple of months but I will get to this.

A description of each Authority is a good idea I will be adding some of these as time goes by but the true hope here was to get some community involvement so far this has not worked out as well as I was hoping but I will be trying to advertise out the site more when I get some time.

Archived