CoinPeople.com

THE LAW SOCIETY OF UPPER CANADA MEDAL

constanius

IMG_2318.jpg
IMG_2319.jpg

THE LAW SOCIETY OF UPPER CANADA. MAGNA CHARTA ANGLIÆ on banner around column, beaver atop the column, Hercules to the left, Justice to the right. Allan Wyon

Rev. IN LEGIBUS. PRÆSTANTI. engraved: DEBATES FINALS 1946-1947 WON BY DONALD R. SNIPPER. Silver 35mm by Allan Wyon

From Osgoode Hall Law Society York University 2006.
In Memoriam Donald R. Snipper Grad Year 1948.

REMEMBRANCE DAY SHABBAT SERVICE AT
CONGREGATION BETH SHALOM WEST ON
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2002
Rabbi Howard Finkelstein introduced Veteran Donald R. Snipper Q.C., who had practiced law in our community for over 40 years. What followed was a very inspirational story of his life in the forces. With a wonderful sense of humor, he captured our attention as he told his personal story which began in 1915. In vivid detail we heard some War stories, in particular the way he began his five and a half years of service in the RCAF as a flight instructor, then as an overseas Spitfire pilot with the #400 Squadron.

Seems kind of sad that a man who only died in 2006 aged 91, who had been a fighter pilot in the war, who was a Queen's Counsel, served in the law profession for 40 years, that this, his medal should be bought in 2009 at a coin show. I guess he had no one to leave it to, shame.

• 7 years later...

7 years after this post I am happy to write that the medal is back in the Snipper family.

I managed to find a granddaughter of Donald R. Snipper, who just so happens to have a very young baby boy named Donald in memory of her grandfather.

• 3 years later...