CoinPeople.com

Silver Content

rambone

I have looked high, I have looked low. I can't find anything about the metal content of any of the Russian Silver coins.

I'd like to know all coin denominations with silver content, their weight, and the percentage of silver.

Focus specifically on the 20th century Russian coins. If someone wants to give a complete history of Russian Silver, be my guest. I can't find it anywhere else one the net. Thanks guys. I have some 10 & 20 Kopeks from the 1920's.

I have looked high, I have looked low. I can't find anything about the metal content of any of the Russian Silver coins.

I'd like to know all coin denominations with silver content, their weight, and the percentage of silver.

Focus specifically on the 20th century Russian coins. If someone wants to give a complete history of Russian Silver, be my guest. I can't find it anywhere else one the net. Thanks guys. I have some 10 & 20 Kopeks from the 1920's.

Pretty much all coin catalogs will have tables listing the silver content. Your 1920 kopeeks are 50% silver.

over here, on this site is list of coins but of Imperial period 1700-1917; the content of Soviet coins 1921-1931 same as last Imperial period !

go to Russian forum coins, then

go to Russian coin article -

click on

Imperial Russian coins data table for all metals :ninja:

How did I do with this purchase?

$215 for this lot of 80 circulated silver coins:

Denomination: 10 Kopek Silver Coins

Qty: 14

Range: 1902-1915

Denomination: 20 Kopek Silver Coins

Qty: 64

Range: 1923-1930

Also these 2 individual coins:

1905 - 20 kopek

1870 - 20 kopek

How did I do with this purchase?

$215 for this lot of 80 circulated silver coins:

Denomination: 10 Kopek Silver Coins

Qty: 14

Range: 1902-1915

Denomination: 20 Kopek Silver Coins

Qty: 64

Range: 1923-1930

Also these 2 individual coins:

1905 - 20 kopek

1870 - 20 kopek

that means that each coin is $2.68

so if lucky try to sell it at a dollar or up more if there are some buyers so you can do some profit :ninja:

You might want to check your Soviet 20 kopeks struck from 1926-1930. If you are lucky, you might be able to find a 1926 muled 2 kopek in that lot and that may easily cover what you have paid for the entire lot.

Otherwise, I think the price is about right if they are all circulated. Didn't calculate what the lot would be worth in silver bullion content but Russian silver coins still doesn't follow the bullion pricing rule unless they are totally damaged.

You might want to check your Soviet 20 kopeks struck from 1926-1930. If you are lucky, you might be able to find a 1926 muled 2 kopek in that lot and that may easily cover what you have paid for the entire lot.

Otherwise, I think the price is about right if they are all circulated. Didn't calculate what the lot would be worth in silver bullion content but Russian silver coins still doesn't follow the bullion pricing rule unless they are totally damaged.

There is no 2 kopeks of 1926 at all in this lot - according lot description :ninja:

one-kuna, I thought you would be more knowledgeable than me on this. What I meant is a 20 kopek muled with a 2 kopek coin - the letters of the CCCP are of the 2 kopek. For example this thread: http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showto...682&hl=1930

I was more and better knowledgeble - you were the one who mentioned 1926 year - before I answered to you - I looked at Fedorin catalog and there is nothing muled on 1926 as you meant :ninja:

A link what you provided "changing the arrow" into 1930 - very well known rariry for each USSR coin novice collector; even Shelokov catalog reflects that besides the bad Shelokov's reputation ;)

By the way, Fedorin's reputation is now also durty for placing in his book images of none existing patterns ;)

Archived