CoinPeople.com

2008-D Lincoln Penny

I just noticed a tiny circle with what appears to be a capital "D" inscribed in the center of Lincoln's forehead on a 2008-D penny. The circle and the inscribed D are perhaps 20% smaller than the regular "D" next to the date. Thinking this might have been a design change this year, I found another 2008-D penny and no such symbol is there.

I did a brief search on this forum and could not find this topic, so I apologize if it's old news, but could somebody tell me what to make of this?

Thanks

LF

If you can provide a clear detailed photo I'm sure we can explain what has happened to the lincoln cent as you describe.

Welcome to CP btw.

• 6 years later...

I found a penny that had something about it I couldn't see it yet upon close looking I see a thin line 0 in the second 0 of 2008 I see what appears to be a small o a little bit in front of Lincoln face and the same behind his head and initials vdb on the sleeve can anybody tell me if I have a faulty penny that might be worth something someday thank you

I found a penny that had something about it I couldn't see it yet upon close looking I see a thin line 0 in the second 0 of 2008 I see what appears to be a small o a little bit in front of Lincoln face and the same behind his head and initials vdb on the sleeve can anybody tell me if I have a faulty penny that might be worth something someday thank you

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...