CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find!  Are those mintage figures in thousands?

Technically no, they are in the millions. Here a comma is used where a decimal point is used in the States. So the figure for this particular year is (in US format) .5 million.

However, you can look at it as though it is in the thousands and it will jwork basically the same except for the very last Total figure.

The other day i finally managed to get my first 2004 Trevithick £2 coin. Only took me how long to find one? It can now be spent again...

Other than that, still nothing interesting and no 2005's either. Collecting from change really is dull round these parts.

Today we were slow at work so I decided to go through the change. To my surprise there was a 1943 Nickel in there. I'd say it would be in F/VF condition. As Rabone said, I will retire it from service.

I was at the 99 cent store when I saw a Sac in the drawr, I asked the lady how many she had. Turns out she had 6 Sacs (2000, 5D 1P) and 5 SBAs (1979, 2P, 2D and an S).... SWOOOP!

Got some new trade material :ninja:

-Bobby

Another great day! A Greek €2 commemorating the Athens Olympics (XF/AU) ---8<-- snip

you found that in change???????? :ninja:

wow, I'm surprised it made it all the way to Suomi, since you're a bit isolated from the rest of euro countries.

When I was in finland I obviously looked very close at the change I received and I couldn't find much foreign euro coins in it. The only ones that were a bit common were german coins, if I remember well.

Here in The Netherlands, we're almost at the stage than more than 40% of our change is not dutch..... And that 's even worse for notes, there we already passed the 50% line, according to http://www.eurobilltracker.com/

My latest circulation find(s)

I was playing with my camera so I've included photos...

a 1947-d dime. I love getting silver.

14103609813383l.jpg

The very worst quarter I have ever gotten. a 199(6)? some areas of the design are so flattened that you literally can't feel any of it.

14103627065418l.jpg

Finally, my favorite, a 1968-s nickel. This is my first circulated proof find.

14103494150061l.jpg

Finally, my favorite, a 1968-s nickel.  This is my first circulated proof find.

14103494150061l.jpg

Are you sure that's a proof?

in those days "S" mint didn't automatically mean "proof", as far as I know

1968 "S" is listed in my Krause as normal strike, not as proof. Mintage is 103,437,510. That would be an awfull lot of proofs....

Whoops!

My Bad!

I thought that the only circulation coins minted by the S mint in '68 were pennies.

They are the only one's that were put into the mint sets...